• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eric Stewart's Les Paul 'Custom'

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Tom, it was the original ebay listing and the descripton of the guitar, which is no longer for sale, found by clicking the see original listing link. Posting my opinion regarding the guitar which was linked to the ebay listing in the op nor my opinion of the description of that guitar in the listing and subject of the thread is what has been done on countless similar threads.

I named no one, I did not post a link and I will not delete my post. I still fail to see how any of this is spam as nothing is for sale or being offered and every ebay listing has multiple other items offered by multiple sellers just like the ones appearing on the page linked in the op, none of which were discussed in this thread.

The link inside the quote on your post #10 is still there. It has nothing to do with eBay. It is titled 'happy wheels'. I can see it right now.
Again, nothing to do with eBay.

AND, I did not suggest you delete your post. Just edit out the offensive link.
Please go back to post #10. If you don't clearly see it. I can't explain it. It is still showing on my computer. :wah

Big Al

The link inside the quote on your post #10 is still there. It has nothing to do with eBay. It is titled 'happy wheels'. I can see it right now.
Again, nothing to do with eBay.

AND, I did not suggest you delete your post. Just edit out the offensive link.
Please go back to post #10. If you don't clearly see it. I can't explain it. It is still showing on my computer. :wah

My one track mind was on the thread topic and I thought the quote was in reference to the odd discription quotes I used in my reply. Never even considering the actual Reply with Quote I used for context and the link within!

I could not understand where the spam was as I thought it was my post, not the nimrod I replied to. Doh!! Removed link.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
My one track mind was on the thread topic and I thought the quote was in reference to the odd discription quotes I used in my reply. Never even considering the actual Reply with Quote I used for context and the link within!

I could not understand where the spam was as I thought it was my post, not the nimrod I replied to. Doh!! Removed link.

I know it was confusing. Thanks for looking again. :salude

Shocktop99

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

At first glance i kinda hated this guitar, but the more i look at it, the more im interested in it, a lp with a custom headstock with rosewood fret board and trapezoid inlays with binding on only the front of the body, this is crazy cool!! Thanks for sharing!!!

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
We have to take it on faith that it's a 54 that's been modded, at this point. But the single ply binding, on the front only, rosewood FB and trap inlays all fit with that. I have to think that the headstock is grafted on. There's no "3rd pickup" (don't know where the seller got the idea there should be). You can see the routs in one pic for the humbuckers, so it's credible it was born with P90s. The base of the PAF shown looks super clean for a well played guitar, thinking maybe some kind of reissue pickup? And yeah, the tremolo had to be one that required springs on the bottom of the guitar, so Floyd Type seems likely, and there's a whole lot more routing underneath that plastic cover. Since a correct 54 is still less than $30k, and a 53-54 modded to burst specs would be more like $20k, I don't see the value in this guitar. But it's kind of a fun puzzle.

AA00475Bassman

Whats to like ? Really just because it was on stage with a X Beatle ?

If this is a vintage guitar of some sort it really would have very little value IMO If any !

richard henry

Banned
We have to take it on faith that it's a 54 that's been modded, at this point. But the single ply binding, on the front only, rosewood FB and trap inlays all fit with that. I have to think that the headstock is grafted on.

Really? Does this not look like the exact same neck on this pointy horned 70's Les Paul in the hands of his fellow band member?

03_grahamlolpoor_zps45sra8wa.jpg

Last edited: