• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Please help identify Les Paul Deluxe Sunburst Flame Top or fake?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
...ok i didnt know that! thx , but i do not open the pickup or anything. Its enough information for me...

I thought you wanted to identify it. Are you afraid of what you might find there? :ganz

clearmudd

I think "ist" is German for "is".

gotcha.....makes sense......and i guess not all luthiers would know that this guitar was not what it appears to be....or would inform the customer of it, other than it's been modified.:hmm

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
Nothing about this and Gibson should be used in the same sentence. It’s a poor example of someone trying to replicate a 59

Pellman73

Dang man- all this time did you think you had a real burst?

Just curious.

Must be a bummer if you did. and huge bummer if you paid as if it was.

but glad its a good guitar for you!

Ignorance is usually bliss !

renderit

svcWJtJl.jpg

That and the COA says: 5eNd the M0nƸƴ ɓy MƗƊnÏgħŦ

RedHotRed

I wonder what the two filled holes by the serial # where for?
I've seen those on a G&L before..
Never on a Chivson..

El Gringo

So yesterday I am leafing thru the latest edition of Guitar Player 2/18 and there is a article about a $220 something fake copy of a Gibson Custom Les Paul in a aqua blue something like finish that was an obvious China forgery( the Custom Shop run from 2012 of only 35 guitars) and the reviewer told all about the crap build on it and someone mentioned donating to a school or something and the reviewer thought better of that and had the said forgery crushed . Gibson and Fender are very aware of these over seas forgery's and like the old saying goes if it sounds to good to be true it probably is ,so buyer beware .