• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson to reissue the RD.

treeofpain

Gibson reissued the RD model a few years back. If I recall, they were $1299 when intro'd, then were blown out at $999 by Musicians Friend when they didn't sell. I bought a couple at that price. Better guitars than the 70's originals.

Big Al

I am way more interested in that bumble bee Singlecut Les Paul Jr!!:hank:hank:peace2

deytookerjaabs

I'll join the minority and say I think this looks cool. Actually, since it's a mahogany body/neck etc plus the appointments (besides the active? electronics) it seems downright normal for a Gibson at this point. I dunno, it just doesn't seem that funky looking compared to a lot of what's out there plus 1/3rd of it probably isn't routed out for a crazy circuit board, probably a couple pounds lighter than the namesake too. They're calling it a 'limited' run on zzounds so I doubt they're expecting much but I'm definitely going to give it the one-over once they hit the shops, haven't seen any locally yet and we usually get stuff pretty quickly. There were a couple at zzounds and the zoo which didn't last long, appears to be a $400 price spread from day one :laugh2:

Monroe

I think a revamped pickguard config and custom colors may enhance the look

Maybe a "reverse" model with banjo tuners, EMGs, and painted on diamond F-holes.

Oh, or how about one that looks like it's wearing a gangster pinstriped suit?

J/K

:yah

Kris Ford

I had a '77 RD Custom...It was cool because of it's quirks, but I didn't keep it..I had thought of parking the MOOG board and wiring it up with a standard set of PUPs and 500k pots...but sold it before I got to that point.

zombiwoof

Isn't Eastman making an RD clone model?. Maybe Gibson is bringing theirs out to stop other companies making similar guitars like that.
Al

JJ Blair

38491994085_9a5ec7c2ae_b.jpg

What's this? I've never seen one. There's something intriguing about it. Speaking of Ultraman, it kinda looks like his guitar!

51arr7UIz4L._SY679_.jpg

renderit

38491994085_9a5ec7c2ae_b.jpg

What's this? I've never seen one. There's something intriguing about it. Speaking of Ultraman, it kinda looks like his guitar!

51arr7UIz4L._SY679_.jpg

It was from back in the 90's I think. I just kept the picture around because we all need nightmares to appreciate life...

Thundermtn

Ern_Fakimba.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
This is the one I really want, a Korina Fleetwood, it's in the good luck finding one category though.