• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Edge playing a Les Paul at the inauguration concert

moonweasel

New member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
9,427
There is a difference. :) Just ribbing you a little bit.

When you were 20-30, I'd bet that you weren't into your parents music. :) It's a generational thing. I hate 90% of rap, but the remaining 10% can be amazing.
 

ch willie

Active member
Joined
Jun 7, 2007
Messages
921
I get to see one of those about 2 times per week when I'm getting home at Nashville airport, down the escalator to baggage claim.


I noticed it too last time I was at the Nashville airport. Also noticed it wasn't in great shape. The headplate was coming unglued, and there were some other things wrong with it (I forget). Not a great advertisement for the guitar or Gibson.
 

JJC

New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,027
There is a difference. :) Just ribbing you a little bit.

When you were 20-30, I'd bet that you weren't into your parents music. :) It's a generational thing. I hate 90% of rap, but the remaining 10% can be amazing.

No offense taken. But you're wrong about a couple things. My parents liked classical music and I grew up with a great appreciation for it that I still have. And I'm not sure your statement about it being a generational thing is correct, more of a taste in genre thing. It's a generational thing when an old person doesn't like any new music and a young person doesn't like old music. I like both new and old. Or it's a generational thing when you look back at something you used to like when you were young and now realize it was shit. And when I see these white boys from small rural towns wearing their pants below their asses, with the backwards baseball cap, saying "yo-yo-yo" and fantasizing they're some some tough Homeboy from the hood, knowing full well that when they go to apply for a real job they're gonna take off that hat and pull those goddamn pants up........and 10 years from now will look back and realize how absolutely comical they looked.........

Ah never mind, you're right - it's a generational thing.
 

moonweasel

New member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
9,427
And when I see these white boys from small rural towns wearing their pants below their asses, with the backwards baseball cap, saying "yo-yo-yo" and fantasizing they're some some tough Homeboy from the hood, knowing full well that when they go to apply for a real job they're gonna take off that hat and pull those goddamn pants up........and 10 years from now will look back and realize how absolutely comical they looked.....

Oh, I hear you completely. But we should all keep in mind that, at least myself, I am a white guy who lives for rock and roll, which is basically a form of African-American blues. Great music can cross any soc-eco boundary. You are missing out if you discount all rap as s#$t. As I said before, about 10% of it is really good, and I would personally have no problem with it at this show on the Lincoln Memorial. Something tells me, he would be fine with it too.
 

JJC

New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,027
Oh, I hear you completely. But we should all keep in mind that, at least myself, I am a white guy who lives for rock and roll, which is basically a form of African-American blues. Great music can cross any soc-eco boundary. You are missing out if you discount all rap as s#$t. As I said before, about 10% of it is really good, and I would personally have no problem with it at this show on the Lincoln Memorial. Something tells me, he would be fine with it too.

Hey Moon, I think you misunderstand me - I have no problem with rap's existence, nor do I think it's all s#$t as I somehow have lead you to believe. I said I "prefer" rock. And my joke was that I, more than likely, looked ridiculous as a youngster too. Never wore flared pants, though. Had my mother sew out the seems.
 

LiveOak

New member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
237
I noticed it too last time I was at the Nashville airport. Also noticed it wasn't in great shape. The headplate was coming unglued, and there were some other things wrong with it (I forget). Not a great advertisement for the guitar or Gibson.

Good to know that I am not the only traveler at the Nashville airport that stops and gawks at that LP when passing through LOL!
 
Top