• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

F-Hole

I just sold a 'burst last week...........but it wasn't really on the market as such.

sws1

Geddy Lee is also auctioning a burst.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LN1019-3...YIarnNc4rDm26XKAQtqVKmlh0YC_MtTxDTiH4gPM7hrlo

s131-1-1566936390438@2x.jpg

Last edited:

Pellman73

I was checking to see if they had the AFFIRM option - maybe pay it off in 484 months

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Was only just posted on their reverb- apologies if it’s a repost

Maybe it has been off Reverb [or was never on that site] but RumbleSeat has had it for a while.

It's a fantastic guitar and has been much discussed here over the years [maybe in this thread? :hmm].
Somebody will be happy. :salude

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Just don't know about that one.--but I would certainly encourage anyone currently shopping to fly in to have an in-hand look. HA does not have a great track record of getting decent prices for their consignors, so if a buyer really wanted to drop the big green on this guitar, they likely will get it for a good price, unless a weird reserve queers the sale--which happens. Interesting Burst times.

AA00475Bassman

I was checking to see if they had the AFFIRM option - maybe pay it off in 484 months
This guitar I believe was 340000.00 not long a go , now at 240000.00 no one has snapped it up . Before you slap leather you may consider you will not have a quick sale in 2 months when you loose interest !

sws1

Got more details on this one? Serial number? Other pics? :hmm

S/n 9 1966
Description from the auction:
1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard Sunburst Solid Body Electric Guitar, Serial # 9 1966. An original 1959 Gibson Les Paul Burst. The top on this guitar is amazing and really pops in the sunlight. This guitar had Grover tuners; holes filled and re-drilled. The jack plate looks correct but there are additional filled holes from a larger jack at some point. There is a top crack stemming from the neck pickup tone control. Does not appear to have been repaired, nor does it seem necessary. Pots and caps are correct. The neck pickup is zebra and reads 9.1 ohms and the bridge pickup is double black and reads 15.0 ohms. It appears to have had a professional quality refret. The back and the neck have been oversprayed along with minor touch up on the headstock. The touch-up & overspray were done at Paul Hamer and Jol Dantzig's guitar shop, Northern Prairie Music in the late 70's according to the owner and Jol Dantzig. The owner bought this guitar circa 1973. The pickup covers were removed and played that way for a long time. Bobbins show wear from play. Two tuner buttons are replaced. Normal wear from play and checking is present. Finish wear to the back at the bass side middle bout edge, as well as bumps along the bottom edge. There is also a scrape on the back of the neck at the 3rd to 4th fret. It does not a appear to be a crack or a break. This guitar is two serial numbers away from Duane Allman's Burst! Great action and amazing sound! 9.4 lbs. Original hard case included. Condition: Very Good. LOA from Jol Dantzig.

"One of the better sounding Les Paul's I've ever heard." Dave Hinson-Killer Vintage Specialty Guitars.

All the pics are here: https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/vi...-12001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

lf

lf