• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

8 5382

GastonG

Burst=monster tone

danburst said:
when gaston came to take the pictures, he brought his latest reissue and we took the time to compare the sound with these old ones. he was much happier with the result than the last time we did this with his other reissues. he's got a great sounding one now but like he says, nothing sounds like a burst!!!

Last friday, I was in heaven!
those three burst have all that specific Burst's MONSTER TONE!
The best sounding one was 9 0848 followed very closely by the minty 58.
(both of these burst were bought from their original owner)

One denominator factor about those bursts: THICK RICH TONE with an unmatched complex top high end frequency.

For the first time since 1994... while we were A/B testing a Historic against a vintage burst, we found that same THICK RICH TONE on my 2002 R9 (Eastern maple top) but without that complex top high end frequency. But I'll tell you, my R9 is truly a gem.

As far as neck goes, my R9 has the smallest Historic neck I've ever owned and it was still fatter than the neck found on any of those three bursts.

The minty 58 is originally wired like a Historic.

I truly love the 58 more than the others; I love that cherry sunburst color, and the fact that it's almost a new Les Paul as far as condition goes!
The original small frets don't bother me at all, I even never noticed it while playing it.

Dan is proud to own and play those bursts, and I'm glad for him and it's almost a God given privilege to be in a room surrounded by vintage Les Pauls like that!

Thanks again Dan for sharing that same burst passion!

Gaston