• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP A.R. Duchossoir

walter carter

Andre Duchossoir, author of definitive books on Gibson electrics, Gibson lap steels, the Strat and the Tele, has died. I've only seen postings on a British Instagram and a British forum (for the Shadows band), so I don't have details. Although he lived in Paris and was a banker by trade, Andre was a pioneer in uncovering the history of American guitars. His research was so thorough and accurate that his books are still primary sources for anyone looking for detailed information on electric Gibsons and Fenders. Anyone who ever wrote a book about electric guitars owes a debt of gratitude to him. He will be greatly missed.

zhivago

Sad news indeed, he gave so much to the vintage community with his books. RIP.

darkwave

Sorry to hear about this - I've definitely benefitted from his hard work.

- Douglas C.

Andre Duchossoir, author of definitive books on Gibson electrics, Gibson lap steels, the Strat and the Tele, has died. I've only seen postings on a British Instagram and a British forum (for the Shadows band), so I don't have details. Although he lived in Paris and was a banker by trade, Andre was a pioneer in uncovering the history of American guitars. His research was so thorough and accurate that his books are still primary sources for anyone looking for detailed information on electric Gibsons and Fenders. Anyone who ever wrote a book about electric guitars owes a debt of gratitude to him. He will be greatly missed.

S. Weiger

So sad to hear. He sparked my interest for vintage guitars. RIP mr. Duchossoir.

bern1

Indeed, he was one of the first people to delve seriously into the matter of vintage guitars and really dig. I remember snapping up those books!

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Very sad news, indeed. He could not have been terribly old, so this i doubly sad. His books were definitive, and many a disagreement on the LPF over the years has been settled by referencing them. A la votre, Monsieur Duchossoir! :salude

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Very sad...his "Gibson Electrics, vol. 1" is my favorite all-around book on Gibson guitars.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I have enjoyed & used his definitive works for decades. Rest in peace-

Sol

His enthusiasm was matched by his integrity and love for his subject. His contribution has informed us, and will do so for the generations that come after us.

This is a legacy I'm sure his family will take pride in, as they come to terms with their great loss, and comes with our deepest condolences to his family all that knew and loved him. RIP.

JJ Blair

RIP. "Gibson Electrics" sent me down the rabbit hole as a teenager.

Anje

Yes that is another sad news indeed for this troubled year, condolences to his family & friends.
Thank you André.