• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Please check these late PAFs, if they are unaltered

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Wrap tail stop tail & tune o matic I pretty sure you new what I referring Tom and by the Way Buzzy Fenton did play a wrap tail - stop tail ES 345 I will post picture when I return home just to clear this up . I was not referring to a bridge , tail piece

It was extremely confusing to me, and I bet a few others who read here regularly.
What you are referring to is a top wrap, not a wrap tail. There is a huge difference. :ganz

AA00475Bassman

It was extremely confusing to me, and I bet a few others who read here regularly.
What you are referring to is a top wrap, not a wrap tail. There is a huge difference. :ganz
I have no idea what you find confusing my post is about a Tail piece not a bridge no how did mention bridge so to reduce confusion I will go back to calling this style tail piece a stop tail .What is this stop tail piece bar for when its top wrapped with a tune o matic ?

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

The bridge is a tune-o-matic, and that can't be top wrapped.
The stop tailpiece can be top wrapped, or not, as you choose.
I misstated I did edit on post #12 this is how I should have posted sorry for the confusion Tom ! I was using Forum slang wrap,top wrap if it’s Gibson part it’s a wraparound or a stop tail .

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

Tom's referring to vintage wrap tail; not a new variant.[/Q

Can you read Tom's mind ?( Iv'e never seen a ES with a wrap tail ) quote
Fenton playing a ES345 wrap no tune-o-matic would call this vintage being the photo is over 40 years old .
K3qpmFY.jpg
[/IMG]
Pete Alenov had a wrap tail pre 65 ES 355 red 1993 saw the guitar the night I bought a Bassman !

Last edited:

ultra

Buzz Feiten's ES345 used with the Butterfield band was converted from an ABR and stop tail to a wrapover t/p btw

AA00475Bassman

Buzz Feiten's ES345 used with the Butterfield band was converted from an ABR and stop tail to a wrapover t/p btw
Interesting thanks for posting I wonder if Alenov’s was a conversion ?
Rumble seat has - had on Reverb a mid to late 60's ES 345 conversion with WRAPAROUND tail piece in the fashion of Buzz Feiten's Woodstock guitar is how the guitar is listed .

Last edited: