• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Did the Agnesi thread get pulled?

The Shifter

Pretty sure it was here. Found it in my history and it said I didn't have access to view.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
It was archived. Didn't seem to be heading anywhere constructive. We figured everyone was given plenty of time to beat up on the guy. We even gave 24 hours notice of the archive in case anyone wanted to get one last cheap shot in.

corpse

Guitar collectors in Houston should check out Banker's Korina explorer and you can ask Charlie Starr about that. His line was "so I can take it out of witness protection now?".

F-Hole

Trouble is Charlie, like the infamous fake Explorer thread, it doesn't show up using the search function.

What does "archiving" actually do? It seems to cover the thread is magic disappearing dust.

Last edited:

buyusfear

I have to respectfully disagree with that move. I for one never saw it or got to chime in. I actually didn’t know that was a practice around here. IMO when a ‘discussion forum’ starts “cleaning discussions up” , and I agree that some can get a little train-wreckish, but to me that starts to feel like we are no longer discussing or reading the entire story on things LP. Places like this will loose their appeal. I’ve seen it with other forums.

Just my 2c.

Patek

Didn’t see the original but sounds interesting. Shame it’s gone

The removal of conversations from the board; inspired by communist China

CDaughtry

CDaughtry

I have to respectfully disagree with that move. I for one never saw it or got to chime in. I actually didn’t know that was a practice around here. IMO when a ‘discussion forum’ starts “cleaning discussions up” , and I agree that some can get a little train-wreckish, but to me that starts to feel like we are no longer discussing or reading the entire story on things LP. Places like this will loose their appeal. I’ve seen it with other forums.

Just my 2c.

It was up for at least a month. You don't visit very often?

buyusfear

It was up for at least a month. You don't visit very often?

Not as frequently as before I guess.
I do remember seeing a thread about him joining Gibson.
Now that it’s gone however, I couldn’t check to see if that was the one I remember seeing.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
First off, that thread was in the wrong area.
Secondly, we've had numerous threads closed in the past.
:ganz

Truss Rob

It was archived. Didn't seem to be heading anywhere constructive. We figured everyone was given plenty of time to beat up on the guy. We even gave 24 hours notice of the archive in case anyone wanted to get one last cheap shot in.

Sorry I missed the thread ! Don't we call that the mercy kill ? :) are there any current threads about what Gibson is doing in lieu of Agnesi's manifesto ? Work has gotten in the way of me getting up to speed on a lot of posts here . Time to reevaluate my life !

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
That link doesn't take me to Agnesi thread

There's a lot of places it doesn't take you. :ganz

It does take you to the thread about the Explorer, which was asked about. :salude

Maybe CD with give us the link to the Agnesi thread that was archived. :)

buyusfear

Are you sure about that? :ganz

Maybe CD with give us the link to the Agnesi thread that was archived. :)

I’m not sure I follow you here Tom. :ganz :ganz :ganz

Am I sure, as in you know something we don’t ?
Or “am I sure”? as in; you’re not sure either (as per the second quote above indicates) but just felt the need to chime in on this one?

Are you sure it’s not here?

Cause, yeah... as per my reply would indicate, I’m under the impression that it’s not, at least not through a search.

:ganz :ganz :ganz

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I’m not sure I follow you here Tom. :ganz :ganz :ganz

Am I sure, as in you know something we don’t ?
Or “am I sure”? as in; you’re not sure either (as per the second quote above indicates) but just felt the need to chime in on this one?

Are you sure it’s not here?

Cause, yeah... as per my reply would indicate, I’m under the impression that it’s not, at least not through a search.

:ganz :ganz :ganz

I thought since it was archived, it was still available to see [but not post]. :hmm

Too be sure, I asked CD to add a link. :ganz

deytookerjaabs

Damage control for a dumb move they made trying to appeal to customers by putting behind the scenes business that belongs...behind the scenes front and center.

Then they go and score a deal Echo-****ing-Park, the biggest joke in the biz.

It's hard to hide such stupidity & hypocrisy on the 'net in 2019 and, um, yes, internet presence does kind of matter these days. Gibson is supposed to be an American Icon, geez, sad days, like a big pathetic whiny child flailing his arms only to knock over his milk.