• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pot diameter and spline number for 2017 Standard T

jcoats

I’m looking to add new knobs, what diameter would I need for a 2017 LP standard T? Thx

PaulD

I would hazard a guess at 6mm 24 spline, don't recall ever seeing anything different on a Les Paul. Should be simple to take off one of the knobs and check :)

Big Al

My son wanted proper gold bonnet knobs instead of the incorrect black ones on his 2018 Jr. No problem, Nick. Bring it over, I have a box full. NOPE!!! Not a single one, [all fit my older pre 2010 Gibsons], would fit. Somethings changed.

zombiwoof

Does that guitar have the circuit board mounted pots?. If so, they may be the Bourns ones, every Bourns pot I have run into has coarse spline (18-spline) shafts, making it harder to get correct knobs. You can't use regular U.S. spec fine 24 spline knobs on them, as used by CTS on their pots, which come on most U.S. made guitars. I believe Stew Mac sells coarse spline knobs.
Al