• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Happy Birthday to Me!

Rex Carlson

This arrived yesterday. A 57 on my 58th Birthday! :dude:

Thanks to Kris Blakely for letting it me purchase it. I know it was a hard decision.

57 Goldtop 7-2550.jpg

Last edited:

BSeneca

Guess I have to wait another 8 years for mine!? Happy Birthday young man and enjoy

BrianM

I turned 58 yesterday, but alas no '57/58 Goldtop for me. Congratulations on a fine looking guitar!

Rex Carlson

Thanks for all the well wishes. I played it a bit last night. It plays and sounds great. Nice neck radius - just about exactly how I like them. I also have a CC Goldfinger and, on a side by side test, the real 57 has a bit more bite and clarity on the bridge pick-up with less mid-range than the CC for sure. If I back off the volume a bit, it has a very nice, clean tone but can still drive a good amp in that setting. Neck pick-up tones are similar but the real 57 has, again, a bit more treble and less mid-range output which is to say the CC has more mid-range than I like. The pots are a little scratchy, but nothing unexpected. I'll work them a bit and they should clean up. It feels like it is set-up with 9's (but I could be wrong) so I'm going to put Slinky 10's on it.

Anyway, you guys know more about this guitar than I do. I'm just excited as hell to have it.

Rex

Midnight Blues

Nice! Congrats, HNGTD
thrasher.gif
play her in good health and :bday:!

goldtop0

I love that look on the GTs..........congrats on a fine LP:2cool