• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD 1958 Gibson Les Paul Junior Cherry Doublecut

I've long dreamed of finally posting a thread of my own in this section, and today that day has come.

I acquired one of my lifelong dream guitars today.

A 1958 Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Junior. I’m still in shock and am very grateful. It is hands down the best guitar I’ve ever played. It’s a 4 digit 58 Jr, with a soap bar under the dog ear cover like most 4 digit jrs. It sounds amazing, and is very lively. It is a factory second from the Gibson factory, due to a knot in the wood. It has a huge tone and can clean up well. This will be the guitar to get me to use the controls more. Thanks to Chicago Music Exchange for making it happen. It has that classic rock sound I've long chased after. I really am hooked on the Les Paul Junior now!

rWwGYJR.jpg

laqLRy5.jpg

aIXPpjI.jpg

DG2fkJ8.jpg

v8vOQQU.jpg

YcUZENo.jpg

Maxmc

I assume that the knot is the one near the nobs. That would make it one in a million. A very clean looking beast with a bit/knot of character.

I assume that the knot is the one near the nobs. That would make it one in a million. A very clean looking beast with a bit/knot of character.

That's the one!

Doesn't bother me a bit, and as you said, it adds character. It also allows me to own a guitar that I wouldn't have been able to own otherwise, at least not where I'm at right now.

BSeneca

I have a 58 as well. GREAT guitar! Congratulations you will love it. I like mine every bit as much as my 52 Goldtop.

mob

Very nice!
I soon may be checking out a '58 double-cut sn# 8 52xx from a private party locally. What can I expect as far as neck profile? I missed out on a birth year '57 single cut that had "the" neck. Any advice on truss rod checks or questions for the seller? This particular jr is not quite as clean as your beauty but is is very good original condition other than a re-fret. (jumbos) Asking price is 48 hunge which seems reasonable(??) Any info or knowledge you or anyone can share will be appreciated. Again killer axe!

DonRowe

Very nice!
I soon may be checking out a '58 double-cut sn# 8 52xx from a private party locally. What can I expect as far as neck profile? I missed out on a birth year '57 single cut that had "the" neck. Any advice on truss rod checks or questions for the seller? This particular jr is not quite as clean as your beauty but is is very good original condition other than a re-fret. (jumbos) Asking price is 48 hunge which seems reasonable(??) Any info or knowledge you or anyone can share will be appreciated. Again killer axe!

I have 8-57XX :) I love the neck ! Big, but not as large as most historics I have played. One of the things you will love are the controls , very responsive :)

mob

I have 8-57XX :) I love the neck ! Big, but not as large as most historics I have played. One of the things you will love are the controls , very responsive :)
Thanks for the reply. I like big-ish necks. Found out other things of note about this particular guitar. Replaced truss cover, nut, C# fret dot, knobs and tone pot. Not a deal breaker as they're maintenance vs mod imo. With that said do you see any red flags in regard to asking price/value?

latestarter

Wow, congrats. That thing look super clean!!! I love the double cuts from this year...great score.

renderit

They SING! Don't they? Hard to put down. That one is killer clean!

chuck dale

It looks great! If you hadn't said anything about the "knot" I wouldn't have noticed it..... really clean!

toxpert

Amazingly clean condition that one is....congrats!!
I also have one of the 4-digit guitars. I purchased mine as a husk that was stripped of parts in the early 1960s. I was able to find period correct parts to restore.

I love this one...you can dial up a sweet singing voice or release the snarling beast.

Cheers!