• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

closest pickup to ones in old L6S ?

tarlton

ya, took mine out, then they were stolen during a rehearsal room break-in. (Luckily though not the L6S...)
I can't spend the silly money these go for now. Anyone familiar with L6S and know a ball-park soundalike?

Much appreciated,
j

TM1

ya, took mine out, then they were stolen during a rehearsal room break-in. (Luckily though not the L6S...)
I can't spend the silly money these go for now. Anyone familiar with L6S and know a ball-park soundalike?

Much appreciated,
j
Why not email the Bill Lawerence company and ask them if they have anything similar. Bill Lawerence designed the pickups & electronics in that guitar.

tarlton

Because he designed the L6S pups, i think, more in a semi-traditonal "Gibson" way... mine were dark. His own, which i have some, are more Hi-Fi and flat. I have some late 70s L220 and L90s.