The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    The Esquire files





  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files





  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member P.Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    875

    Re: The Esquire files

    For me, one of the most cool looking and sounding guitars ever whose versatility is a little overrated because of its “specialist” tone, especially in stock esquire wiring format. Just based on handling a number of reissued and replicas and one particular early 50s original.

    I also realize however, that I am in the minority.

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files

    Quote Originally Posted by P.Walker View Post
    For me, one of the most cool looking and sounding guitars ever whose versatility is a little overrated because of its “specialist” tone, especially in stock esquire wiring format. Just based on handling a number of reissued and replicas and one particular early 50s original. I also realize however, that I am in the minority.
    Not at all.

    Thanks to the Gristle King, everyone knows that a single pickup guitar produces superior sound, because two (or more) pickups suck up the tone juice.

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member JJ Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256

    Re: The Esquire files

    I just saw a picture of Joe B holding the black Esquire from the
    First catalogue. I didn’t know it was still around. Maybe Joe can tell us more?
    _______________________________
    https://www.youtube.com/user/supryl

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    I just saw a picture of Joe B holding the black Esquire from the First catalogue. I didn’t know it was still around. Maybe Joe can tell us more?
    David Davidson is a member here (WeBuyGuitars). You could ask him if you don't hear from JBLPlayer.

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    40,788

    Re: The Esquire files

    This is probably the nicest Esquire I ever had, a late 1954 white guard:





    I have heard lately that it is in the hands of a touring pro who uses it.
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member The Shifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    3,254

    Re: The Esquire files

    ^^^^
    Color on that looks good enough to eat!

  9. #9

    Re: The Esquire files

    Seymour Duncan on Jeff Beck's esquire...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4ACHhD8tk
    back where it all begins...

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    This is probably the nicest Esquire I ever had, a late 1954 white guard:





    I have heard lately that it is in the hands of a touring pro who uses it.



  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Oops, I did it again







  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files



  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files



  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the pocket
    Posts
    5,407

    Re: The Esquire files



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!