• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

52 Goldtop for sale in GAK

Jon Brook

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-1952-les-paul-goldtop-pre-owned-/916662

gibson-1952-les-paul-goldtop-pre-owned--675313.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
What's the story behind the strange name of the store ... GAK? :hmm

sws1

Says heavily modified. I'm guessing it might have been refinished...among other things.

chasenblues

Says heavily modified. I'm guessing it might have been refinished...among other things.

I assumed it was refinished from the "Heavily modified" statement,And the odd looking color.

It also says "Original pickups"

Shouldn't it have one of theses in the bridge position?

normal_DSCN2368.JPG

John Catto

I assumed it was refinished from the "Heavily modified" statement,And the odd looking color.

It also says "Original pickups"

Shouldn't it have one of theses in the bridge position?

normal_DSCN2368.JPG

yes, so NOT all original pickups. In fact with the under the hood routing that model has they must have had to bodge the pickup mount a bit. No neck binding so should have a 2 piece centre seam top under the gold (assuming no other horrors).

Patek

Had a peek at this as well, the refin looks pretty rough from the pictures

saw that 335 posted as well and was very tempted !!! price was top end and GAK are not known for their good deals. i bet JB squeezed something better out of them than i could.

Patek

A hint for the fact that it paid off for GAK to give joe a discount. SInce he advertised their store on social media as a result of the purchase

Thank you for the explanation. However I was speculating that joe did get a discount, because he buys this stuff all the time and he is who he is. GAK however offer like £100 off a £5000 guitar that has been sitting there for at least 2 years, and won’t budge. Would be curious what the final price was

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
The guitar Joe bought was a consignment piece, so ultimately, it was the owner who decided what was "fair" for Joe to pay.:jim

BSeneca

yes, so NOT all original pickups. In fact with the under the hood routing that model has they must have had to bodge the pickup mount a bit. No neck binding so should have a 2 piece centre seam top under the gold (assuming no other horrors).
That is an early probably unbound 52. The diagonal screws were very early examples I believe. My 52 has no screws.