• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Hisatake Shibuya Collection

duaneflowers

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Hisatake Shibuya's Burst collection... information on it and a connection to the man himself have proven to be rather difficult to track down. I tried to get a hold of him for some pix for BB4 to no avail. He is the founder of ESP Guitars and Schecter in Japan but I believe he is now living in California. Last I heard he had somewhere between 12 and 18 Bursts... most of them '59s.

Here is his introduction at NAMM: https://www.namm.org/library/oral-history/hisatake-shibuya

Last edited:

sws1

Can't help you Duane.

But I can offer the requisite picture of the collection, even if it's dated and may have incorrect serial numbers.

ShibuyaBurstCollection1a1280labeled.jpg

duaneflowers

Can't help you Duane.

But I can offer the requisite picture of the collection, even if it's dated and may have incorrect serial numbers.

ShibuyaBurstCollection1a1280labeled.jpg

I remember seeing a very similar scene when I visited that shop about 20 years ago... if memory serves it is the ESP Flagship store in Shibuya. They still keep a few of them on display, but not like they used to. I don't think they realize who I think I am, but they wouldn't let anyone touch them. :laugh2:

renderit

I remember seeing a very similar scene when I visited that shop about 20 years ago... if memory serves it is the ESP Flagship store in Shibuya. They still keep a few of them on display, but not like they used to. I don't think they realize who I think I am, but they wouldn't let anyone touch them. :laugh2:

I am faced wit da SAME problem ALL DA TIME Bro! THEY JES DON'T GET IT! They SHOULD be running oot and opening my car door! Damn!

duaneflowers

I am faced wit da SAME problem ALL DA TIME Bro! THEY JES DON'T GET IT! They SHOULD be running oot and opening my car door! Damn!

They just don't have the slightest notion of who we think we are... just a lack of culture and sophistication is what that is!!!! :laugh2:

renderit

They didn't even offer to hold my beer whilst I reached for one! I had to set it on the FLOOR! The HORROR! Emily Post would'a had an aneurism! The putzes (putzen? putzers? what be da "many thing" of Putz? I'm tryin to CONJUGATE here! (turn your back))!