• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD- 1955 Gibson TOM Les Paul Goldtop!

Peter-K

Hi, I just found that video of an alte 1955 Les Paul Conversion with 58 PAFs of Wesson Green.

Played on a Mesa Boogie MKIIc+

https://youtu.be/KwrGsnMA9KM

Nice tone. I did not expect a tone like that with a Mesa Boogie MKIIc+

brandtkronholm

Hi, I just found that video of an alte 1955 Les Paul Conversion with 58 PAFs of Wesson Green.

1. Who is Wesson Green? The video has <200 views as of 4/10/2019.
2. What does the PAF modified 1955 TOM Gold Top have to do with the OP's guitar in this thread?
3. The tone (good or not) is unsurprising because the Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ is a very versatile and professional amplifier.
4. Really, who is Wesson Green?

fakejake

1. Who is Wesson Green?
4. Really, who is Wesson Green?

I was unfortunate enough to have done business with this individual once. My strong suggestion to anyone is to stay as far away as possible from what he has up for sale on ebay, reverb, local ads, etc.
He either has no clue about vintage instruments, or is deceptive on purpose.

I was stupid enough to buy a vintage Gibson from him without checking it in person first (something I'll never do again). Advertised as original, it finally (upon inspection from 3 independent experts) turned out to be refinished, the neck either replaced or repaired and reset, the PUs not original, as well as several other issues.

I wasn't able to resolve those issues with him and I lost a load of money.
Again, do yourself an favour stay away from this guy! (And apologies for the off-topic rant!).

Peter-K

Sad sounds bad. It's always good check guitars before you buy it.
I resently saw an 335 Gibson, that I once owned on the website of an well known Seller.
The seller writes, that the finish is original, but I know it's refinished.
Maybe the seller did not recogniced it?

I just found the Video and liked the sound of the 1955 Gibson.
And I like the song.

And I did not expect a Blues Rock Tone with a MKIIc+.

Most Videos at you tube with a MKII+ are Heavy Metal Sound.

Sorry, if the post does not fit to this thread.

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I had a 80's MK11 really could not get on with the sound I don't use any pedals just seemed very dark to me !!

No pedals for me. It can take a long time to dial it in. I was lucky enough to have a local friend who gave me a great starting point on where to set the controls. No channel switching, just a good tone.
Unfortunately, I can't carry 75+ pounds of amp anymore.

AA00475Bassman

No pedals for me. It can take a long time to dial it in. I was lucky enough to have a local friend who gave me a great starting point on where to set the controls. No channel switching, just a good tone.
I function best with two controls ! And yes they are heavy .

brandtkronholm

+1 I’ve a MKIII. It takes a long time to dial in but when it’s in, wow! I also don’t use any pedals (other than a Vox wah) nor do I do the channel swapping. I stick to the high gain channel (set for minimal high gain) and use the volume and tone controls on my Les Paul while playing. The old Boogies are just about perfect (except for the reverb which I don’t use.)

...and LOUD.

renderit

I felt CONNECTED to this guy as soon as I saw his eyes and heard him!

He comes from the same brand of crazy I do!

Thanks for that!

Maxmc

A beauty! Usually the amount of wear is a good indication of the overall quality of the instrument. That being said, the question is who would carve their whatever the number is across the top of the headstock above the serial number ?
EvScqNU.jpg

thxphotog

A beauty! Usually the amount of wear is a good indication of the overall quality of the instrument. That being said, the question is who would carve their whatever the number is across the top of the headstock above the serial number ?
EvScqNU.jpg

If found, please call.....