• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

John The Revalator - A Cappella.

SpencerD

Pretty cool,your old friends and mine Shawn James And The Shapeshifters. :peace2 :yah

Big Al

I used to listen to Eddy sing that while drinking with my Grandfather on the front steps. Never thought much about it as I was young and dumb. Later my Gramps ol' drinking buddy "Uncle Eddy" was rediscovered and I remember going to see him at a coffee house run by the HOG Bros. Everyone called him Son House then. I said, "Hey Uncle Eddy, I came to hear you play and sing"!

I didn't know he played guitar. He and Gramps would blow harps and twang on Jews Harps while singing and clapping/footstompin'. Drove Nana crazy!

Anyway, Son looks down at me and said, "Why Albert! Did you bring me a bottle?"
"Uh, no. I can't buy liquor."
"THEN GIT GONE!!!"
I never saw him again after that but I did get as many recordings as I found. Every time I hear that song I think back on those hot summer evenings and the two drunken men hollerin' away on the front steps.

SpencerD

The Wailin' Jennys.

Continuing the a cappella thing. --- Do yourself a favor and listen to them playing instruments!! -- Canadian girls. So good. :dude: