• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ES-Les paul Premier?

zacknorton

I’ve been looking and I can’t find anything that explains what the differences are, if any between the ES-Les Paul and the ES-Les Paul premier.

does anyone know if there are any distinctions?

Thinking about out picking one of these up as a self congratulatory Xmas present to myself for making it through the shittiest f’ing year of my life.

Also...when, if ever does adding another guitar become a problem?

Thank you kind sirs and ladies.

mdubya

When I googled, I came up with a link to Wildwood, which shows Jumbo frets, for one thing. Is this a Wildwood spec? Or is the Premier available everywhere?

ETA: just looked again. I don't see anything in the spec aside from the frets that looks different.

The top on the Wildwood guitar is spectacular, though. FWIW-I paid less than half the WW asking price.

10766715_f.jpg

zacknorton

Aha! Jumbo frets. I didn’t catch that. I did notice that the premier uses the thermally treated center block and bracing.

I should just just pull the trigger

thanks!

TM1

I'd be interested in trying a Thermally treated center block. wish they had that when they built my `63 Block Inlay ES-335TDC in late 2014. All they had then was the Historic Trussrod, Hide Glue fingerboard & neck set joints and the Adarondack block & cedar rim linings.
I wonder why they don't Thermally treat the 3-ply tops or at least the ply's before they glue them up.
I'd actually love a semi that has all the ply's glued together with Hide Glue.. That's what they did in the `50's & early `60's.

TM1

BTW, thinking out loud here... how are these different from say an ES-339 or even a 335? I would imagine they sound real close(?). Cheers!

Grog

BTW, thinking out loud here... how are these different from say an ES-339 or even a 335? I would imagine they sound real close(?). Cheers!

The ES Les Paul has a mahogany center block. The ES-335 etc... should have a maple center block. That might be the main difference.