• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Teles or Strats

jtees4

For myself only...I hate Strats and love Tele's. Always been that way....and I've been playing for 40+ years.

bern1

I've always had a Strat. 30 years ago I tried some Teles but just could not get them going for me. Then about 10 years ago I got it and got one again. Now actually my go to gigging guitar. Agree on the simplicity and how it cuts through the mix in a good way. Not a fan of it overly distorted though.... Then again I think that's what a humbucker guitar is for...

ch willie

For myself only...I hate Strats and love Tele's. Always been that way....and I've been playing for 40+ years.

I grew up in Nashville thinking that Teles were for the "uncool" country set. Strats to me were the icon. Hated the Tele headstock.

Wised up once I started seeing guitarists from all genres playing them. I finally got a Tele in the 90s, and I've loved them ever since.

But I love Strats as much as Teles. My Tele does get more use than the Strats.

sonar

Had a long session with the Tele not too long ago and my back still feels it. Seems that my strap threshold is a little over 8lbs. I'm going to have to get a lighter Tele.

Hmm... I've always liked 60's era Tele Customs.