• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

any Warmoth players in here?

SheltonGuitar

My most recent Warmoth I put together (#37 or #38; not sure) was a bass a couple years ago. I needed something for recording that was a lot better than my drummer's Peavey. With a little help from Ken's private stash, I ended up with medium weight walnut body and an IRW neck. After nitro job on the body by a local yocal, this is what I ended up slapping together...

IMG_0301_zpsb1763040.jpg

IMG_0298_zps5cf20a1f.jpg

Still have my first Warmoth strat from the early 80's. Bought the parts for it out of Ken's kitchen, soon after the Warmoth boys left Boogie Bodies. Here she is hanging out next to the bass pre-finish...

DSCN1520.jpg

Now let's see your Warmoth. :yah

J T

I have a Warmoth neck on my Strat. Rosewood fretboard, SS frets, Maple flame, adjustment hex at the lower bout. It's great.

Hmm I have to get a picture of it.

Don

That looks great! I went with USACG for my builds, mostly because they offered more options with a vintage style neck.

ppgf

from the archives:
solid (one piece w/ skunk) rosewood warmoth neck w/ alder tom anderson body.

10250092_10204952134792948_8056215058192688554_n.jpg

moonweasel

Great stuff guys! I was just about to start a Warmoth thread.

Shelton, you have to check out my other thread, I have a real Fender that is walnut, yours is great too! --> http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190416

Here is mine, I did all the finish work on it. Parchment guard. Callaham saddles. Nickel hardware. Didn't spec it, but they sent a 1pc body.

lpfwarmoth.jpg

SheltonGuitar

DSCN1346.jpg

Just beautiful. :yah

TwoTub, the one-piece top on this one is awesome. Flamed koa, I presume. Is it a solid body or glued top?

Pickdropper

Not a great photo, but here is my Cabronita with a Warmoth body and Guitar Mill neck

RnB

Been building guitars w/ Warmoth products for close to 20 years. Made some really good ones. Stopped me from buying new Fenders. You can be more selective w/ options/cmpnts/weight & such w/o breaking the bank...like w/ CS Strats/Teles. Excuse the F****r Decals. They were put on long ago. :jim

BRW Warmoth neck

6.25 lbs

Orig Van Zandts in here

Just finished this one for a buddy w/ Fralins. The recent Napa Earthquake sent it flying off it's stand & it came down inverted & split the Hdstk. :dang Bad luck...!

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
My "pepto-strat" has a Warmoth body:

pinkstratincase.jpg

SheltonGuitar

Getting closer to finishing up the next one; mahogany w/rosewood neck. The body started out as a big rectangular blank with all the routes pre-cut by Warmoth. I just finished up with 180 grit this past weekend. Next up is 320 and 600, and then the finish. Black hardware is standing by.

IMG_1332_zps3fae965c.jpg

IMG_1328_zpsafb9c976.jpg