• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any love for Ron Kirn?

Born Late '58

I've seen his work on another forum, and just ordered an "Empress" tele, modeled after a '63 "tuxedo" sunburst, projected weight between 5 and 6 pounds. His work looks quite amazing, and the folks on the other forum rave about his guitars and his set-ups.

I am awaiting the new tele excitedly, but in the meantime, wonder if others have seen his stuff, or even own a "Ron Kirn Signature."

Born Late '58

Wow, kinda surprised, especially as I know I've seen one member at least from this forum on the other who seems to love this guy's work. Oh, well....

Here's a link:

http://www.ronkirn.com/

(p.s., obviously no affiliation here, just passing on info)

herb

Just found out about him today on another thread. I like the looks of his work and would really like to try out one of his guitars, especially one of those Barnbuster Teles. Strangely intrigued by the real knotty ones.

tdarian

I just tripped over this thread, trippin' over the whole site now with it's new energy!

I had Ron Build me a Tele several years back, and probably another some day too. I had a great experience with Ron! He is funny as all get out and has some great practical sensibilities related to his years of extensive experience.

I ended up selling the Kirn T one to buy the 2011 R7 that dominates my time these days. I'd just lost 100 pounds in body weight and all of my guitar necks began to feel too slender. I thought about having a new neck built but will go for the full new build at some point with a neck closer to Nocasterous proportions.

Picture002.jpg

Born Late '58

Just got these from Ron this afternoon--going for the "tuxedo" '63 sunburst tele. Wood is Empress, otherwise known as Pawlownia, and he tells me it will weigh between 5 and 6 pounds complete, loaded with Ron's own pickups, etc. Starting to get stoked--his work seems so forthright, solid, honest to me....

DSCN1568.jpg

tdarian

^^^^^Nice^^^^

Same wood as mine shown above it. Light and the guitar sure sounded fine!

Big Al

What the hell is TUXEDO SUNBURST???? I've played and collected Fenders from day one and I've never heard that term, ever.

I've TUXEDO AMPS, 63 transition Blackface brown chassis amps w/white knobs, Bassman and Princeton.

The color in the pic looks like standard Fender 3 Color Sunburst on a Telecaster Custom body?

Born Late '58

What the hell is TUXEDO SUNBURST???? I've played and collected Fenders from day one and I've never heard that term, ever.

I've TUXEDO AMPS, 63 transition Blackface brown chassis amps w/white knobs, Bassman and Princeton.

The color in the pic looks like standard Fender 3 Color Sunburst on a Telecaster Custom body?

I may be using the term wrong? Maybe it's only bound black teles, but I have heard the term associated with the double-bound Custom telecaster of different finishes, and so I always assumed the term meant a "dressed-up," bound telecaster?

Big Al

I may be using the term wrong? Maybe it's only bound black teles, but I have heard the term associated with the double-bound Custom telecaster of different finishes, and so I always assumed the term meant a "dressed-up," bound telecaster?

I'venever heard that but it makes sense. I could see that used for a black one for sure.