• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

$500,000 eBay / LP's personal white...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Looks just like it did last time this was offered.
This has been discussed previously. Looking up that thread might tell you more.
I suspect it is in the Baywatch section [proper place] and not here in the Vintage section [where it doesn't fit].
:salude

apossibleworld

What makes this guitar particularly uninteresting is that it's the only one of the supposedly important Les Paul-played guitars that Les didn't modify. This certainly isn't a scam, but it's a boring guitar, when so many of Les Paul's guitars were anything but boring.

Guitar Whiskey

What's the Gibson stamped emblem on the PU base plate? Seems odd that this ordinary guitar would be one of Les's favorites. Not a bad looking guitar but not one of my favorites by a long shot. Slightly out of my price range.

S. Weiger

guitarmax101 said:
WE ARE HONORED TO NOW OWN THIS PIECE OF HISTORY.
And with that price, you probably will for the rest of your life.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
And with that price, you probably will for the rest of your life.

Only for someone foolish enough to pay that price.

As discussed previously, this auction is merely an advertisement, and the seller is not expecting that price [or a sale on eBay].
:2cool

tonedawg

Whoops I'm sorry different guitar. There was a white recording LP that was for sale that was once Les's

DANELECTRO

I could see one of his original 50's guitars that was played on recordings or on TV/film possibly going for that price, but this guitar is a plain-jane USA Custom that otherwise would be worth about $2K. It may have been owned by Les, but its certainly not one of the guitar's he's famous for.

tonedawg

Yeah I saw that Pawn Stars version twice now, interesting the 61 SG had a bad crack in the Jack, but they assumed that Les himself fixed the jack and did the fret job. All the documents were interesting though, they made such a cute couple never understood why they got divorced. There was a 50s Les Paul out on the web that was assumed to Les Pauls that was made into a recording type les paul that was white. They said Les Paul liked the frets filed down to next to nothing ( more so than a fretless wonder ) and back in the day would use a classical guitar type of vibrato. However I saw many wonderful videos of him and Mary together and he would stretch strings and lots of rake arpeggios.