• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

No more lonely Burst

BurstWurst

After years of looking, and a lot of sweet talking, my 59 has some good company to hang with. This 57's neck feels just like her grand-daddy's.
57Jr.jpg

Yesterday was a great day for me, and the seller. His original Starsky/Hutch Torino is getting a new paint job now. Everybody's happy.

sidekick

Congrats and I guess Burst 'Jnr' will share the work-load when you play out now also.... :)

frazettafan

Wow! Very nice!!

(Wasn't there a song called "Hey There Lonely 'Burst"?)

DANELECTRO

Nice pair! :salude :wow :salude Hey I have a few extra celluloid dot inlays. If you want to park one there at the ninth fret let me know and I'll send you one.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
After years of looking, and a lot of sweet talking, my 59 has some good company to hang with. This 57's neck feels just like her grand-daddy's.

Are you referring to the banjo neck behind the Les Pauls? :wah

BurstWurst

"Jean" thanks you all for the welcome. Jean was the midwestern female singing minister who's been slinging this guitar for God since 1959. Her "nephew" was gifted and sold the guitar to me, after a 3+ year yearly dialog. This year, he had a Torino to paint. He's bringing the finished car over for pics with the guitar. Things surrounding this guitar have already dwarfed the bad experience I just had last week with a 59 Cherry DC Jr. I played the two of them pretty much back to back, and this single cut destroyed the DC. Both were with no breaks or mods. I was amazed at the extreme neck wobble with the DC vs the SC which is as solid as my burst. And the whole "Karma" surrounding the deal was wonderful. And, Dan, I am excited about a correct inlay at the 9th. I think I've already sent you info.

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Congrats Bill, it looks like a great companion to your beautiful Burst.

BurstWurst

This junior's neck feels as close to my 59 burst as any guitar I've owned. I'm hopelessly spoiled having had my burst for so many years. Pretty tough for other guiters to have much staying power. In this junior, I feel the staying power. It's the best, to my tastes, junior I've come across.

Funny side story on this. The seller told me that after the flood in nashville, he made a special point to contact Keith Urban's management and offered this 57 to Keith. Had the communication been sucessful, I'm sure ANYONE would have wanted this one.

It is smokin, but, not in just a hot way. Incredible twang, with just a little finesse down on the volume, never going to mush (on 10) as did the DC 59 I had been looking at or the more modern ones. Perfect with my tweeds!

She is a GAS to play. And TW59, good eye on the 1923 Vega Whyte Laydie No. 2 hanging in the background. Now, if I weren't so distracted with awesome Gibbys,,,,,,,,, I'd give that banjo a little more attention.