• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

JP Les Paul makeover

wooderson

I am late to the party, but to quote Butthead:

"I think I just..inoculated."

Better go change my shorts.

2404noah

Hi guys

I really need some help, please.
I'm in a situatuion where I soon have to part with my JP Les Paul..
Because of the crisis in Denmark my wife lost her job and we have to cut down on our finances..
This is a terrible situation for me.. I never thought it would come to parting with this guitar.. I love it
I need help finding out how much this guitar is worth..??
I have no idea what so ever..
It has become a real heartbreaker..
Any input in this matter would help.
Thanks

keef

That is too bad - sorry to hear that.

I'd say there is no firmly established pricing range for these reworked guitars, let alone a makeover Page. It is worth as much as the highest bidder is willing to pay.

Put it up for sale on Ebay or here in the classifieds - but that service is not free of charge.

hoss

Put it up for sale on Ebay
I would not do that. Nobody knows the story about this project so the general ebayers would see it as a "butchered" Historic, leading to a very low price.

harrie0492

Hallo Noah, keep the faith, lord have mercy on your soul, sell your car and keep the guitar, its a pity. regards uncle Harrys last freakout.

MapleFlame

I would not do that. Nobody knows the story about this project so the general ebayers would see it as a "butchered" Historic, leading to a very low price.

He could easily attach the thread from the forum to the Ebay auction or put a link to Photobucker/slideshow. I think it would do well.

hoss

He could easily attach the thread from the forum to the Ebay auction or put a link to Photobucker/slideshow. I think it would do well.
I hate selling high price products on Ebay and would suggest paying the LPF fee and advertise it here (I subscribed for the third year recently).

Red Rocket

Hi guys

Because of the crisis in Denmark my wife lost her job and we have to cut down on our finances..
This is a terrible situation for me.. I never thought it would come to parting with this guitar.. I love it
Thanks

Very sorry to hear of your bad fortune. I hope things improve for you soon. You might try contacting some of the senior collectable dealers, like Mark of Guitar Loft.

klaus k

Hello Noah,
I am sorry to read that you possibly need to part from that guitar.
Just an idea: Have you contacted Florian Jaeger? I can imagine that he could have an idea what one of his makeovers is worth.
Perhaps he even knows clients that are looking for a makeover like yours...
Good luck, Klaus

jpap

Noah, I feel so sorry for that!

I would try to sell it here in Europe, since here Historics are in general way more expensive than in the US, and so follow the used/upgraded/etc. ones... Transport costs to the US will also affect the final price....
You may try some serious dealers in Germany, where Florian is currently more famous... And I would directly ask him also for his opinion on a price recommendation, he knows the area very well, and further also Udo Pipper, who is an expert on such things.:salude

DANELECTRO

There's a (slight) risk of the guitar being confiscated by Customs due to the Brazilian fretboard.

andreja marovic

Hi guys

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Noah,
You have my email address in my profile.You can shoot me a message and eventualy I may be able to help you.Greetings -Andreja

Hawk1

There's a (slight) risk of the guitar being confiscated by Customs due to the Brazilian fretboard.

Slight chance? Not likely at all, unless you stamp all over it that contains such a product and that it is from post CITES stock. We have people here that think everything with a 'swirl' is BRW, there is no way anyone in customs would have a clue...

Good luck with your sale. I'll watch for a price posted on it and take a good hard look. That guitar is gorgeous.

StSpider

Too bad, sorry to hear that. I agree that contacting Florian and asking him if by any chance he knows someone who could be interested in the guitar may prove a quick way to get the guitar's worth out of the trade.

hoss

Too bad, sorry to hear that. I agree that contacting Florian and asking him if by any chance he knows someone who could be interested in the guitar may prove a quick way to get the guitar's worth out of the trade.
+1

RJLII

2404 Noah - Sorry to hear about your plight. My job was a victim of the US economy and I'm still looking after 5 months of unemployment.

Back in October I asked the following:
Just curious.............

What is your total investment in this instrument inclusive of the original purchase and restoration/refinish?

The only response I got was:

tone and beauty still exist, when the price is long forgotten

I think this situation illustrates the thinly veiled point of my original question. I'm guessing a significant investment was made in this instrument in order to create your ultimate guitar. I'll admit it's a beautiful piece of work. For an instrument that you intend to keep forever that kind of investment can be rationalized. Regrettably, few will attach the same monetary value as you to the craftsmanship and artistry. There are some on this forum that will disagree, but the realities of commerce will hold true. Motivated Seller + Bad Economy = Low Price. In short, if you sell this you're likely to take a real loss and will be unable to replace it with a similar piece without investing even more than you did originally.

I am hopeful that your economic situation turns around soon and you are able to keep this instrument. Selling this gem would be a bitter pill to swallow.

andreja marovic

2404 Noah - Sorry to hear about your plight. My job was a victim of the US economy and I'm still looking after 5 months of unemployment.

Back in October I asked the following:

The only response I got was:

I think this situation illustrates the thinly veiled point of my original question. I'm guessing a significant investment was made in this instrument in order to create your ultimate guitar. I'll admit it's a beautiful piece of work. For an instrument that you intend to keep forever that kind of investment can be rationalized. Regrettably, few will attach the same monetary value as you to the craftsmanship and artistry. There are some on this forum that will disagree, but the realities of commerce will hold true. Motivated Seller + Bad Economy = Low Price. In short, if you sell this you're likely to take a real loss and will be unable to replace it with a similar piece without investing even more than you did originally.

I am hopeful that your economic situation turns around soon and you are able to keep this instrument. Selling this gem would be a bitter pill to swallow.

+1 agree.Difficult to make what you have invested in the guitar.The best you can do (if you like it really) is to try to keep it.:peace2

2404noah

Hi guys

Thanks alot for your input!!
What happend is, a danish guy bought the guitar.. In a way I'm happy the guitar says in "little" Denmark. And he insured me if he sells it later on, I'll be the first to know..
He was looking for the ultimate Lester and after showing him the makeover he
could see this guitar was the one.. So after all I got a good price, I think.
Not having to worry about shipping was also something I valued..
Guys.. This was not how I hoped the thread should end.. But there is little I can do... I have spoken to Florian and he and I have agreed to start something new when things clear up... Let's see.
Thanks and take care.
Jacob