• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Did I buy a fake Gibson LP? 1989 Gibson LP Studio Red Wine Glossy

sshan2525

It seems that almost every NGD thread nowadays includes or brings up a "ls my ****** a fake" or a "Your ****** looks fishy to me". I had this happen to me this week on another forum when l posted a headstock picture of a new PRS l bought recently. While l know the guitar is legit and l was not questioning the guitar's authenticity, several posters chimed in, claiming that something was "suspicious" about the headstock. l am very familiar with PRS headstocks and believe me, there is nothing suspicious about this one at all. I am well aware of the current spate of Asian fakes of popular brands but people, please use a little common sense. As with my dinged up, mid 90's McCarty with moons, no one is counterfeiting years old LP Studios. Bursts, sure but there are plenty of visual cues (most notably the hardware) that give these things away. lt's great that there are experts out there to help those who need it but let's get a grip and not assume every guitar ever made is a potential fraud.