• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

kalamazoo vs nashville

AndyC

Oldrocker said:
I mean who wants to wade through garbage to find useful information? Why should you have to just because a few idiots come on board and try to ruin it? This forum is a fun place without the elementary kids trying to be humorous. If they want to be comedians they need to go to the proper place to do so.

+1. That "proper place" is called "Harmony Central". Great place for trolls.

Oldrocker - Hey man. Enjoyed your posts! :applaude

:welcome tedvanfrehley! You seem like a nice guy. I agree with the sentiment of seeing both sides of the picture - conservative vs. liberal, Gibson and Fender, Chevy vs. Ford.. I see the merit in most of it, and when I don't I don't interfere with someone else's desire to.

Cheers! :salude

tedvanfrehley

OLDROCKER - Thank you for the comments! You, sir, are a great man and i know it will be an honor to know you. Forgive me if any of my own sentiment sounded immature, as well. As you might guess, there are three guitarists who influenced me more than anything to want to pick up the 6 string and never look back. (can you gues them? hahahaha) Ted is a piece of work, for sure, but the other two heroes from my youth have become shells of what they once were. Ace Frehley was, of course, no virtuoso, but he did shoot rockets from his guitar and what kid doesn't love that?? haha And as far as Edward, he has allowed himself to let alcohol enter and ruin his life once again. Ted has, at least, kept his brain intact over the years and does a lot of GOOD in his community. I respect that. But no matter what becomes of them, these three fellows remain in the fondest of my memories and provided me with the largest portion of the soundtrack to my life.

AndyC - Thanks to you as well sir. I appreciate a difference of opinion any day and looks like you and I can become great friends as well.

Thanks guys...

ted

535faultless

I am so happy that this thread added a new page. I got sick of looking at Ted Nugent and Al Gore.

syrinx

There are 246,243 mobile homes in michigan and 183,998 in tenn. By the last census. And Algore is one word.

FLICKOFLASH

Les Paul Froum Member
tedvanfrehley said:
FIRST OFF HELLO TO FLICKOFFLASH AND 535FAULTLESS!!! You don't know me yet but boy howdy to I love your profile pics! haha Great work on those and thanks! hahahahahaha

Now, I will chime simply to say that as a newbie, what a shame that just as in every other forum on the net you have a classy place where a WAR breaks out over difference of opinion...and i am sure most of the remarks that got under anyone's skin were intended to be humorous...but the problem with posts online is that you can't hear the TONE of the message whether or not it was sent with friendly sarcasm or truly venomous intent to kill.

That being said, I would like to say this - Kalamazoo or Nashville, it's still a GIBSON - the greatest guitar in the world. Let's not forget that. Gibsons are more than guitars or tools I see it as a lifestyle. Think Harley Davidson or Hot Rodding...you own a Gibson you are part of something bigger...something to be proud of, in my opinion.

I would also like to add that I am a TED NUGENT fan from TENNESSEE! haha So think how ugly I must be if you cross Al Gore with Ted on a bad day..hahahaha Actually, I look a lot more like Chris Farley. Seriously, I have been told.

Ted Nugent may not be the world's poster boy for political correctness, but love him or hate him you have to respect his unwillingness to keep his mouth shut at the risk of somebody not liking him. I am the type of guy who says what he thinks and doesn't pull a punch. SO if I tell you something nice, you know I mean it...that's the good news.

Ted may have an ego bigger than the galaxy itself, but he can also play a mean riff or two and even if a guy creamed him onstage, he'd dust himself off and get back up and smile pretty again the next day.

That's what's wrong with the world today. Everybody wants to be liberal and at the same time they want to be snobby about their own opinion. Maybe somebody disagrees and hits a sour note or two with ya... suck it up and move on.

Ted's album cover to Weekend Warriors is what made me at the age of 10 want to play guitar, and i still haven't found a way to make mine turn into a machine gun, but man i try...

And as for Kalamazoo vs. Nashville, I would be happy to own a guitar from either....but I'm not gonna bag on someone who doesn't.

I love TED NUGENT. I also love liberal bands like the Dead Kennedys. I love Lyle Lovett. Yet I find some songs by Slayer to be pleasing as well. I love Louis Armstrong and Ray Charles. But I also own albums by David Allen Coe and Charlie Daniels. And I loooove Robert Johnson. But sometimes I am amazed at how well Michael McDonald really can sing.

If everyone were truly open minded there would be no liberals or conservatives. We'd all be just people doing what we love. The would would be a better place if we would let OTHER people have their own opinions, even if they differed from our own.

I love Rush Limbaugh. But Bill Mahr can be hysterical as well.

Live life on BOTH sides people and you'll be amazed at the joy in the small things.

And as David Lee Roth once said, "Let's just tell the truth, there's less to remember."

ted
:dude: You defently from the same gene pull as me ( Ted ,Eddie, & ace ) & welcome to the Weirdo drama psycho dome the lights are on but one home ..we sometime stick to guitar discussions lol :biglaugh:

swisstpa

Another fine example of you showing off your ignorance about the subject.
Unfortunately, I would have to agree with ElfinMagic on this. After spending almost $4K to purchase an Alex Lifeson ES-355, and receiving an instrument with a defective neck (the Volute was located between the nut and the first fret), I will never purchase another new Gibson instrument. The Nashville/Memphis employees couldn't even enter the scale dimensions properly into the machinery that routes the necks! And then Gibson refused to fix their horrendous error claiming that this is the design that Lifeson approved. I'm sure Lifeson wanted a "speed bump" in the middle of the playing area of the neck! How did the guitars even make it through quality control in the first place??? Oh yes, it was those fantastic Nashville/Memphis employees and their dedication to quality! The whole situation reminds me of the father approving production of the children's book with two missing pages in the movie Elf! What a joke!

Last edited:

Progrocker111

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with ElfinMagic on this. After spending almost $4K to purchase an Alex Lifeson ES-355, and receiving an instrument with a defective neck (the Volute was located between the nut and the first fret), I will never purchase another new Gibson instrument. The Nashville/Memphis employees couldn't even enter the scale dimensions properly into the machinery that routes the necks! And then Gibson refused to fix their horrendous error claiming that this is the design that Lifeson approved. I'm sure Lifeson wanted a "speed bump" in the middle of the playing area of the neck! How did the guitars even make it through quality control in the first place??? Oh yes, it was those fantastic Nashville/Memphis employees and their dedication to quality! The whole situation reminds me of the father approving production of the children's book with two missing pages in the movie Elf! What a joke!

I am not very surprised by this, just look at this thread and my great experience with Memphis quality control. :hmm

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...phis-quality-control-F-d-up-63-ES335-Wildwood

Snakum

I posted this somewhere else, too, and can't remember where.

I remember my older late 60s and early 70s Gibsons being noticeably better quality than the 80s stuff I owned. And I still say that the Standards, Studios, and Tributes I've played over the past few months are the equal of the older instruments. I was kinda impressed with recent Gibsons.

So ime it's been more about the era than the location. Ymmv of course.

renderit

I hope you realize this thread is half as old as many here?

Snakum

Sacrilege!!!

Lol. Yeah ... pretty much.

I've been reading thru the whole thread today. Interesting comments about Uncle Ted. At one time I could pull his rhythms and leads out almost note for note. I love his playing. Also, I'm an NRA member and have competed in 3-Gun, IDPA, and sniper comps for years. I'm a staunch 2A supporter. All that said, however, I cringe every time he opens his mouth about 2A rights. He often does more harm than good, imho.