• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Looking for GOOD guitar tech in Colorado

11Bravo

I'm in Co Spgs. but have no problem driving somewhere for a good tech. Specifically I need a new nut. :wow

K

Kim R

Perhaps I can help..

11Bravo,

There is a commercial lutherie north of both of us (Boulder) that does very consistent work and I would have no concerns about recommending them. I do things on a private basis at very low volume, and I might be able to help you out as well. I'm in Morrison (Red Rocks Amphitheater).

Send me the details and/or a phone contact, if you wish.

kr@travelingnotes.com

Last edited:

Scott Wolfe

All Access/Backstage Pass
Matt Bergdorf at Woodsong's Lutherie in Boulder. (303)449-0550.

Matt and the other guys there do most all of Wildwood's work. Matt does all of my work: bone nut, re-frets, ding redemption, everything. Highly recommended.

pablomago

Dittos on Woodsongs. They quoted me $60 for a bone nut on a Les Paul. They aren't open on weekends though, which makes it difficult for people who can't only get to Boulder during the week.

I go to Charley Gannon at Osprey Guitars for set ups and things like that here in Fort Collins. 970-490-2334.

There's a guy named Bob Westbrook up in Cheyenne who's an amazing luthier. He's semi-retired and told me he only wants to work on old Martin's, guitars owned by current clients or guitars owned by beautiful women. Bob fixed the broken headstock on my '50's Gibson Mandolin and repaired a top and side crack in my Gurion acoustic. You really had to look to see that the mando had ever been broken.