• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1972 es 335

Any thoughts on a 72 ES 335 cherry red small control area crack repaired with stop tail piece?
I have a pretty good deal but just wanted to hear anyone thoughts on them in general.
It has original embossed? Gibson pups. Thanks

OKGuitar

How good is your deal? They started cutting a lot of corners by 72. The center block doesn't go from end to end any more so it will likely be a lot more resonant unplugged but if it has the diminished center block, it starts sounding like something other than a 335. There are good 72's. There are bad 72's. There are in between 72's. Play it before you buy.

How good is your deal? They started cutting a lot of corners by 72. The center block doesn't go from end to end any more so it will likely be a lot more resonant unplugged but if it has the diminished center block, it starts sounding like something other than a 335. There are good 72's. There are bad 72's. There are in between 72's. Play it before you buy.
Wow I did not know that. Do you know what is what? How can you tell when and where these mods were made? What serial numbers? Thank you.

rob livesey

Charlie, the change to the centre block seems to me to be the biggest single change that occurred in the production of the 335. When exactly did it occur?

Thanks,
Rob