• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD '14 335

goldtop0

Got this one in from Tokyo last week, '59 Nashville '14 8lb 3oz with a fat neck .963 1st fret and 1.03 at the 12th with medium shoulders and a wider neck than my R6 and R8, so all in all a very good bit of beefiness in my left hand which is what I was after.
Have changed the pup covers(after this pic was taken) for some matte nickel ones and de-waxed the Custombuckers that are 7.98 neck and 7.88 bridge.
Will get a small respray job done to add a tad more burgundy red to the finish around the perimeter top and back, that'll warm her up a little.
It's got a good woody airy rich tone with a nice 'plunk' when I hit the strings........all I could ever want in a semi hollow.
First thought about a 335 50 years ago.............this one was definitely worth the wait:2cool

https://i.imgur.com/mg3TY90.jpg

Midnight Blues

Beautiful! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

Red Rogue

@goldtop0 Congrats! Nice, that you finally found your ES 335!
Leave that laquer thing and play the shit out of her!

That sounds like a beefy neck. What nut width do you measure?

goldtop0

@goldtop0 Congrats! Nice, that you finally found your ES 335!
Leave that laquer thing and play the shit out of her!

That sounds like a beefy neck. What nut width do you measure?

You're right with that, I'm not going to get it resprayed.
It's 1 11/16ths at the nut, so regulation size. As I go up the neck to the 12th and above it does widen, so more of a D shape neck than my two LPs, more shoulder.

Last edited: