• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'Wildwood Spec' Case Plaque

Tommy Tourbus

Has anyone with a Wildwood Spec Historic tried removing the plaque from the case? Wondering if it just effortlessly peels off, or if it's solidly adhered on there and would mar the case trying to do that

sws1

Has anyone with a Wildwood Spec Historic tried removing the plaque from the case? Wondering if it just effortlessly peels off, or if it's solidly adhered on there and would mar the case trying to do that

Never tried. But when it comes time to sell, you're gonna want it on there.

El Gringo

Never tried. But when it comes time to sell, you're gonna want it on there.

I agree , as it's always good to keep that in mind if the individual has a hankering to trade or sell down the line . I personally believe and I could be wrong that it would probably leave some kind of unsightly mark when it is removed . Heck I am reminded of when I got my very first historic (2014 R9 from Dave's ) that when I showed the guitar to an individual and I remarked that I was going to remove the switch plate cover with the Gibson Historic logo and anniversary date and replace it with the plain black one included with the case candy and he remarked don't touch it along with another family member agreeing . I am glad I listened and left it alone , and as Big Al says you don't play the serial # and ditto for the switch plate cover . Like how many times do you really look at the back of the guitar ? Ditto for the case .

Tommy Tourbus

Too late lol. I couldn't help myself. I gently and very slowly pulled it off. It's adhered with a couple strips of double sided tape. Left a small amount of residue on the case which easily cleaned off. . Reason I did this is I'm getting one of the other Historic cases for the guitar and selling this one, but wanted to keep the plaque.

axeman565758

I know I'm late to the party, but for future reference, take a hairdryer and heat up the glue....its comes right off.
Ive done this with stickers on guitar cases, road cases, amps.etc...works like a charm....
and yes ,be careful not to burn or melt the item it's stuck to