• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 LP custom standard controls?

scrufy

Hi all,
after 30+ years playing I bought my first Les Paul.
its a long tenon 2016 Custom Standard.
the serial is CS600713.
i talked with the Steve at WildWood and he said it’s a NOS 2016.
I can’t figure out Gibson’s serial numbers and the controls aren’t what I expected.
mine has the kill switch on the tone but all the manuals I could find on 2016 say it’s the boost.

Any help here appreciated.

El Gringo

I was not aware that there was a kill switch on a 2016 Gibson Custom shop instrument , unless this is a after market mod .

El Gringo

Is that a Gibson USA offering ? I am not well versed in all the different variations of the tonal options , as I have all of my Les Paul's wired vintage . Thanks for the video .

Scott L

Is that a Gibson USA offering ? I am not well versed in all the different variations of the tonal options , as I have all of my Les Paul's wired vintage . Thanks for the video .

It's Custom Shop - IIRC these were done for Guitar Center and Musician's Friend in unusual colors and I believe only solid paint jobs.

El Gringo

It's Custom Shop - IIRC these were done for Guitar Center and Musician's Friend in unusual colors and I believe only solid paint jobs.

That is a very nice color finish with a nicely figured maple top . I like the look of that guitar .

Tim Plains

CS600713

CS means it's a regular production Custom Shop guitar (as in not a reissue), 6 is the year made (2006, 2016, 2026, etc), 713th regular Custom Shop guitar made that year.

Long tenon and solid body?

scrufy

CS600713

CS means it's a regular production Custom Shop guitar (as in not a reissue), 6 is the year made (2006, 2016, 2026, etc), 713th regular Custom Shop guitar made that year.

Long tenon and solid body?
I got it at Wildwood so I do believe it’s as described.
thats what they had written down. 2016 custom standard with long tenon.
The kill switch is what has me confused. It’s brand new old stock so I don’t think anyone modified it but you never know.
I’m wondering if it is a different spec from Gibson CS. It definitely has the kill switch, pull the pot and totally mutes everything.

djcmusician

If it is supposed to have a boost, maybe there is a dead battery? That’s probably why the guitar is going silent when you pull up that tone knob.

scrufy

If it is supposed to have a boost, maybe there is a dead battery? That’s probably why the guitar is going silent when you pull up that tone knob.
Thanks but I checked now that I knew what info I was looking for. Heritage long tenon neck, burst 2/3, kill switch, tall pickup trim, it’s a custom shop pro.
‘Kind of glad because I don’t have much interest in the phase and boost and I have a vintage Strat for the single coil sound but the kill switch is something I’ll be using.