• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another new P90 acquisition - 2019 56 Goldtop reissue

Progrocker111

This one has been my favourite guitar for last months and one of the best Historics i ever had so far. I bought it unplanned, cauese the shop agreed on the good price.

This guitar has it everything - is lighweight, very loud and resonant, aggressive and very articulate and open sounding at the same time. Even the stock P90s are great, i have no need to swap them for something else.

In comparison to 2014 57 LP Junior reissue this one is a bit more twangy (can do a bit a Tele thing), has a bit tighter feeling and has a bit better sustain. Perhaps a bit clearer sounding too, they are surprisingly significantly different feeling and sounding animals. I am really enthusiastic with these new Gibson Historics, the 2018s and 2019s are really excellent. :) The neck shape is excellent and very comfortable too, not too fat and chunky and a bit more easier to play in comparison to 14 57 Junior.

Anyone here with similar 2019 R6?

fieVVzF.jpg

zL2NtuM.jpg

x3XPN31.jpg

zVkXaZY.jpg

AMf7EWs.jpg

goldtop0

I'm a huge fan of P90s...........congrats:2cool
Not a '19 but have a '13 with a fat neck, lightweight, and just recently put a pair of '52 pups in it.

rockabilly69

This one has been my favourite guitar for last months and one of the best Historics i ever had so far. I bought it unplanned, cauese the shop agreed on the good price.

This guitar has it everything - is lightweight, very loud and resonant, aggressive and very articulate and open sounding at the same time. Even the stock P90s are great, i have no need to swap them for something else.

In comparison to 2014 57 LP Junior reissue this one is a bit more twangy (can do a bit a Tele thing), has a bit tighter feeling and has a bit better sustain. Perhaps a bit clearer sounding too, they are surprisingly significantly different feeling and sounding animals. I am really enthusiastic with these new Gibson Historics, the 2018s and 2019s are really excellent. :) The neck shape is excellent and very comfortable too, not too fat and chunky and a bit more easier to play in comparison to 14 57 Junior.

Anyone here with similar 2019 R6?

I just got a 2019 R4, and it sounds like it has the same characteristics as your R6. THe new P90s sound great, and the neck shape is perfect, it's big, but without the big shoulders...

RvUstUQ.jpg