• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Thoughts on the 2020 range of Gibson Les Pauls

Bdzombie

Now that NAMM is over, what are your thoughts on the 2020 range of LPs?

Original Collection:

-Les Paul Junior (New Colors: Ebony and Cherry)

-Les Paul Special

-Les Paul Standard 50s and 60s (50s p90)

Modern Collection:

-LP Tribute Junior DC

-LP Tribute Junior Bass DC

-LP Tribute Special DC

-LP Tribute Special Humbucker/P90

-LP Tribute

-LP Studio

-LP Classic

-LP Modern

Slash Collection:

-
Slash Les Paul Standard

-Slash Les Paul Standard Ltd Ed.

My Thoughts
:

First off, I think its great that Gibson is sticking with the best of the best in 2020. I'm really happy that Slash finally gets his own Gibson USA line of LPs. Now us mortals can afford a Slash spec'd LP! Besides the Slash collection, they added some new/old colors to the LP junior! Personally, I'm still kind of miffed that they haven't brought back the gloriousness that was the Les Paul Deluxe! Plus, I would've liked to see the 50s and 60s standards in more colors. But oh well, at least you can say that they're trying to undo the mistakes of Henry. from what I've seen and played, the QC is getting better although I would still be cautious. Which also brings me to another thing I wish they brought back, factory seconds! I guess beggars cant be choosers with the rework...

bobalu

I was really hoping for a Les Paul Deluxe as well. I've been waiting a while and didn't like the 2015 at all, or the P 90 version. Maybe a "special run" might materialize this year? :)