• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do you keep your Custom Shop guitars in the case or on the stand?

Don

My Gibson guitars are always in cases when I'm not using them and my Fender guitars are always on stands.

BurstFan

Why should I put these beauties in a case?
They did cost me a lot of money so I wanna see them :salude

ourmaninthenorth

I've bought some of them their own furniture, they've become that much part of the family.

:biggrin:

mdubya

My current situation demands that they stay in the case, but when I can, I have two or three out on stands all the time. I ultimately want a large rack in which I can keep 5 or 6 out all the time.

As is, I pull out the one I want to play, and open the case and have easy access until bedtime when I put it away and out of the way.

duaneflowers

1 hanging, 3 on stands, the rest in their cases... except for one of the acoustics which lands wherever I happen to set it down... :salude

DANELECTRO

They hang on the wall of my office where they are convenient to grab 'n play. They make great wall art as well.

Sunburst%20Les%20Pauls%203840%202a_zpslznqjfof.jpg

J T

In the case. I take them out to play and they are in perfect or close to perfect tune. The acoustic definitely in the case with the Dampit to keep the inside case humidity around 50%.

renderit

Case.

In a vault that can only opened by a rectal scanner.

Humidity controlled room.

Protected by dogs.

I wanted some of those
laser grid thingies but it was that or the scanner...

solsurfr

Mine are hanging as well but thinking of possibly purchasing a humidified-controlled cabinet. I know of access in sight. Any other recommendations? Need to be able to store up 15 guitars.

thanks-

El Gringo

I had it in a stand for simple access to play it. One Cat chasing the other cat and there you have it. No guitar stands for me. I always keep my guitars in their cases.

That is Deja-Vu for me as my 2 cats destroyed a Cello, and broke 2 guitars way back over 35 years ago (necks) .The Cello was in a soft shell case and the guitars were on stands . The only explanation we came up with at home was there had to have been some kind of scent that made them flip out and go on the attack . Lesson learned for me was to make sure to buy new instruments with no one else's DNA thus kitty wont attack .

marshall1987

They hang on the wall of my office where they are convenient to grab 'n play. They make great wall art as well.

Sunburst%20Les%20Pauls%203840%202a_zpslznqjfof.jpg

Wow! That's one heck of an office you got there! :salude

I can only imagine what your home music room must look like!

Musicman

I have several guitars, but use only one for a couple of months at a time, before I switch to another one. The one that I'm using is on the stand, the rest in their cases.
I always really look forward to swichting guitars, when I do it almost feels like I just bought that guitar!

This...:salude

pdfiddler

In the case. I take them out to play and they are in perfect or close to perfect tune. The acoustic definitely in the case with the Dampit to keep the inside case humidity around 50%.

YEP +1