• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Schaller S-Locks on a new LP Standard

coys

Has anyone installed these on a new LP Standard? Did they truly fit the guitar without any modifications?

Can anyone relate their experiences about the new Schaller S-Locks on a Les Paul? Thanks!

(I'm asking about the new ones where the button and screw are one piece, use an allen wrench, and that have the thumbwheel on the strap part. The "S-Locks" not the old style "Schaller Security Locks")

Thanks again.

Gibeon

I have a Standard 60s arriving tomorrow, and the S-Locks should be sometime later in the week. I'll let you know how they fit.

If they're too big, i'll put them on something else. If they're a little small, I'll add in a match stick or tooth pick to make it work.

I have the new and old style locks on a few other guitars (Fenders, Squire, LSLs) and I haven't had any issues.

Gibeon

Whats wrong with just regular Gibson tuners?

These are the Strap Locks to replace the strap buttons.

However, I AM going to be putting on Grover locking tuners as well because it makes string changes much easier and I am terrible at stringing guitars with regular pass-through tuners. Also, they're a direct fit replacement for the tuners that come on the guitar - no drilling or other changes.

Jhigley

I put Schaller strap buttons on mine with no trouble. The Les Pauls I've had in the past, I've had to do the tooth pick trick to the bottom button.

Jeff

Texas Blues

Tuners or straplocks?

I got confusicated.

Feeling old and stupid now.

renderit

It is harder to install a tuner on the end of your guitar to hang your strap on. That's how I remember.

I would suggest going to Mojoaxe and getting the PROPER screws for the straplocks! The ones that come with them are shit.