• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 Les Paul Special TV Yellow

57Strat777

Hi guys - I am thinking about buying one of these 2019 Les Paul Special TV Yellow guitars. Everyone is asking $1599 for a new one. How much discount below the $1599 can I expect for a new one?

Are these one piece body and neck? Also wondering if they incorporated the long neck tenon.

Thanks in advance!

bluesforstevie

One piece neck yes. Mine is a 2 piece body. Its light 7.6lbs and dry sounding. Nice and resonant. Loud acoustically. Mine was demo from a chain music store. Saved $200 and I dont really see anything. Plek'd too! Plays sounds and looks great!!!

57Strat777

One piece neck yes. Mine is a 2 piece body. Its light 7.6lbs and dry sounding. Nice and resonant. Loud acoustically. Mine was demo from a chain music store. Saved $200 and I dont really see anything. Plek'd too! Plays sounds and looks great!!!

Thanks! Is the 2-piece body sandwiched or split down the middle? Any idea on the neck tenon length?

bluesforstevie

Man...its CNC guitar. Not custom shop. No hide glue no hand shaped or carved. But it sounds killer and the wood is resonant and dry. Who gives a shit about the tenon? These guitars are real nice for the money and Gibson is allowing 6 equal payments no interest...at least from SW...its a great deal on a real nice instrument. I highly recommend!

bluesforstevie

I've had many vintage and Historic Gibsons and this is honestly up there with some of the best. Better than some.FWIW!

Mad Nobby

Man...its CNC guitar. Not custom shop. No hide glue no hand shaped or carved. But it sounds killer and the wood is resonant and dry. Who gives a shit about the tenon? These guitars are real nice for the money and Gibson is allowing 6 equal payments no interest...at least from SW...its a great deal on a real nice instrument. I highly recommend!
After a few weeks playing my new Special, I can only say it sounds killer! I own a lot of guitars and this one made it from zero to my top 3 guitars and it is still growing!

RocknRollShakeUp

I’m dreaming of a nice, but economical LP Special!

Do the new Gibson USA Specials have 50s wiring and 500k pots?

Mad Nobby

This guitar is wired with the "modern" wiring (coil load wiring) the vol pots (500K audio taper) and the tone pots are working really well and also good orange drops cap's are used.
After triyng out 50s wiring on the neck position I don't see any need for modifications. The neck PU has so much cream....................This guitar sounds exceptionally good as it is. And my humble opinion is it's a best buy!

lumber22

Hi guys - I am thinking about buying one of these 2019 Les Paul Special TV Yellow guitars. Everyone is asking $1599 for a new one. How much discount below the $1599 can I expect for a new one?

Are these one piece body and neck? Also wondering if they incorporated the long neck tenon.

Thanks in advance!
Some do have one piece bodies but they are rare. This one is 7 pounds, 12 ounces.