• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What’s the deal with these les Paul customs?

Tim1300r

I guess it's because they are not Historic models. Just a well made version of a particular model

Historic models are always reassuringly expensive.

sws1

Cheaper because they don't have the desirable features that the more expensive ones have. Tinted lacquer. Custom buckers vs 490 pickups. Correct bridge, etc.
Don't look at it as a "cheaper to build" guitar, but rather a guitar that doesn't command as much of a profit.

djcmusician

Thinner necks, heavier, short tenon, maple top, pickups, etc.

I have owned several regular customs from the custom shop. Then I picked up a 2010 Historic Custom and that ended my search. There really is a difference.

Trans-Am

:bigal Ahem!! For that price I'll hunt down a '57 BB and or a '68 instead, let a lone a '54 :peace2

Nothing in that picture that really surpass the above mentioned really now!:biggrin:

That is a bare bones starter level of a CS LPC commanding worth $3800-4500 tops to whomever is willing to pay for it:yah

Progrocker111

Too high price, i dont like that particular lighter ebony fretboard (not rare nowadays) aswell. :hmm