• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RO and GO

Bluesman1956

6EF8B070-C358-4E58-A68E-00FCE5DCAB8C.jpgI’m a proud R8 owner but I’ve noticed there’s so many ROs and GOs for sale especially on Reverb. Is it because they are superior to the 8 and 9s due to the tops or better build or do us latter owners hold on to our guitars longer? I feel my R8 is a great value. I’m more of a musician player not a collector so maybe that’s what I share with others.

Last edited:

Tim Plains

The way Gibson used to do things from roughly 2003 - 2011: R9s and R0s cost more because they had flame tops and lighter mahogany. R8s were less money because they had plain tops.

G0s are plain top R0s make for Guitar Center and some people view them as a step down.

All have the same build quality.

pqs

I had a 2017 built G0. When I purchased I put it up against a few other regular R0s, but I ended up liking the G0 more. I think as far as quality goes, they are at same level as regular RI’s. Mine had all the same features, such as fake bumblebee caps and long neck tenon. The top on mine was even figured. Some of figuring could only be seen at certain angles. The only thing it actually didn’t have were the thumb bleeders. The neck on mine was super thin, which was the only reason I parted ways with it.

mistersnappy

G0s are a bargain especially if you don't really care about flame. As mentioned above, some even do have some minimal flame anyway. I always thought the TobaccoBurst G0s would be a nice "cheap" way to pay tribute to the Clapton/Kossoff Darkburst. :jim