• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My 1987 Les Paul Custom - Opinions please

Scott182

Hi all,

this is is my 87’ lester.
Serial - 80747558

it has Tim Shaws as it’s an early 87. It plays great. It’s going for a fret level and set up. I’m also having the gap between the nibs and frets filled.

I initially wanted a standard but on talking with someone and playing a few of their customs I pestered him into selling me this one.

According to him him he bought it from the original owner and has had it ever since all original. I have some doubts. As it had deffo had a new nut. And has since had another new one. I’m not worried as it’s a players guitar and will remain one.
My only concern is it looks as though the necks been painted. As there’s paint on the binding. Opinions please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19

Gold Tone

Hi Scott

Welcome to the forum!!

You’re post belongs in the Sunburst Pub Standard section not Custom / Historic. You’ll get the responses you’re looking for there.

You’ll find a wealth of information on the LPF from experts, novices, passionate players, and performing/recording artists. We expect to hear your opinions and experiences too!

Enjoy the LPF

(BTW nice guitar!)