• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NBD - Goldtop LP Classic

drkato

Finished this one a while ago, but finally getting around to posting the completed project. A pretty standard build with vintage pearloid tuners, ABR-1 bridge, 57 classics in neck and bridge, all black hardware. What isn't standard though is how it plays. I knew it was special when my shop said it didn't need Plek'ing, when all my other builds always do despite what Gibson says about doing it at the factory. Memo to you guys, don't just trust Gibson on the Plek claim. Let an expert with a Plek SHOW you it is good. My guy has routinely proven to me they are not good from the factory. He says maybe 1 out of 20 or 25 new ones he sees don't need Plek setup. He has done about 20 new Gibsons for me, so that number is about right from personal experience. Of course I am getting my bodies from Stratosphere, so maybe they go out the door un-Plek'd, I don't know, but just some food for thought. Anyway, about how special this guitar is...well, quite simply, it rocketed to the top as #1. EVERYTHING about it is perfect. It literally plays itself, and I can't put it down. Now I have a slew of amazing axes, so to say this one plays the best (and looks damn fine too), for me that is a big deal at least. Anyway, happy to have it in the stable now!

Goldtop_LP_Classic-1.jpg

brandtkronholm

Did you build this one from scratch or did you replace the guts of a Gibson Les Paul Classic?

drkato

Did you build this one from scratch or did you replace the guts of a Gibson Les Paul Classic?

I got the body from Stratosphere and put all the parts on myself, tuners, pups, wiring harness, hardware, plastics, etc.