• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Strange bridge on a Jimmy Page guitar

patricktesta

Hello everybody,
I have a curiosity about a detail of a guitar that Jimmy Page plays in a video I've seen. I hope this is the right forum to ask and that this isn't a stupid question!
I attach a screenshot from the video; you can see that the 2nd string goes past the tailpiece to a tuner or some kind of knob... does anybody knows what it is for?
2i6zyvr.jpg

Thanks in advance for any answer and again, sorry if it's a thing that everybody but me knows!
Best,

Patrick

Triburst

Hello everybody,
I have a curiosity about a detail of a guitar that Jimmy Page plays in a video I've seen. I hope this is the right forum to ask and that this isn't a stupid question!
I attach a screenshot from the video; you can see that the 2nd string goes past the tailpiece to a tuner or some kind of knob... does anybody knows what it is for?
2i6zyvr.jpg

Thanks in advance for any answer and again, sorry if it's a thing that everybody but me knows!
Best,

Patrick

That's a "B Bender." He has one on his brown Telecaster as well.

His are activated by pushing the body of the guitar downward, and the top strap button moves a mechanism that pulls the string tighter, like on a pedal steel guitar. They're popular with country players (as are teles). Most are tuned so you can do a minor chord, like Am, push down, and would ramp up into A major.

1968_Parsons_Bender_fig_2-3-4.JPG

Last edited:

patricktesta

WOW! Thank you for the detailed explanation! I newer knew such thing existed…
Thanks very much again!