• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Where do you players keep your Gibson?

Billy Porter

All of my guitars are hanging on the walls ready to play except when both of our grownup children are at home at the same time such as Christmas. The man-cave then reverts back to a bedroom so under the bed some of them have to go.

I like being able to just pick one off the wall at will then change to another whenever I feel like it - seems quite decadent and reminds me how fortunate I am

At gigs; depending upon the location the LP will be either on a stand or in it's case.

AA00475Bassman

That is a beautiful assembly of sonic crayons. How much fun it must be to pick and play from that beautiful group! (Too hard to pick a favorite, but that FBIII keeps catching my eye.) Mutiple amps, or a single favorite?

Good eye Al the 2016 Historic Firebird 111 is a real go to guitar , with the base ball bat huge neck and the walnut strips on edge the neck is always there & ridged . Yes I have many amps nothing to high end . 07 R8 , 98 red Firebird V very low number 1st year Historic with a huge neck ! , 2018 USA Explorer Burst buckers & really a joy to play & love the sound one of those guitars that works well with any of my amps .

jrgtr42

I keep my good acoustics in their cases - a pair of Martins.
The rest and electrics live in a couple 7-space boat racks I built.
They're in the basement, (finished) and the temp is pretty stable down there.
The little guy doesn't go down there without one of us (yet) I may need to do something at a later date about that.

Midnight Blues

Unless I'm playing them, in their case, under the bed(s). If I happen to be playing one or more of them regularly, I may keep it/them on a stand.

deytookerjaabs

I felt your pain. Our loft space was really rough when we moved in to the spot. Lots of drugs, squatters and this was fun - guns. We installed a folding security door gate that is so tricked out that the owners will need to saw out the walls surrounding the door frame if we ever leave. The door itself is metal with reinforced steel welded to it. With all that I still never left a guitar worth money overnight.

Uhaul bought the building a few years back, kicked out a bunch of tenants and put a moratorium on music rooms. You need a security card swiped through three entry points just to sneeze, which is also recorded on at least three cameras. A lot safer, but not as fun.

'Tis what it 'tis.

I was burglarized back in Chicago so the sting is still there. Our loft apartment had nothing but a crummy door lock on the back, same with the back stairwell, obviously that changed after the burglary.

I had a rack of a few guitars (ES125t, ASAT, ES335, & a partscaster), a bit of outboard rack equipment & some dandy old analog synths.... they got the TV, my Laptop, a video game console, and from the back studio room stole my Squier Classic Vibe partscaster strat which was right next to the other guitars. I didn't know how to feel, I was very pissed off but they left all the good stuff alone!

Iguana

Fenders and Ibanezes hang on the wall but if my LP isn’t in my hands it’s in the case.

Don

In an Epiphone case. Decoy...

I keep my '59 SE-225TD in an Epiphone case. Not as a decoy- the 1960s Ess & Ess case that it was in when I bought it was musty and the Epi case is rugged and a perfect fit.

TcRoc

Recently cased which I find a pain in the ass but to much temp change in my office / music room. End of line of my hvac and a sliding door to deck that isnt the best of insulated doors. Maybe all in my head but on occasion my guitars say break out the truss rod wrench which obviously is gonna happen anyway but just think trying to keep them cased will help. I'll find out

GoldTopBunny

Most of them in their case, except 3 of them (2 strats and 1 Sg) are in a soft case but on top of a hard case
If i know i will be able to play for a few days i will leave the strats on a stand, the Gibbys always go back to their cases

edit: i wish i would hang the strats on the wall but were i live the climate is crazy, we go from crazy hot to crazy cold in minutes and then its humid/raining, so i dont think hanging them would be a great idea =(

Curious Mike

Just inches away, sadly I just had rotator cuf surgery, so no guitar playing for two months, then about a year of physical therapy...IMG_0717.jpg

El Gringo

Just inches away, sadly I just had rotator cuf surgery, so no guitar playing for two months, then about a year of physical therapy...View attachment 9258
That stinks and I want to say that Physical Therapy is very important and you will be playing again and having fun once again . Best Wishes on your recovery !

Curious Mike

Thanks guys! I'm trying to think of ways to keep my skills without playing, I may just work on my right hand piano to keep sane:)...Mike