• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickguard for a 2003 Les Paul standard

Digieditny

My 2003 didn't come with a pickguard or holes for one. Do I need a specific pickguard or any gibson LP pickguard will fit on my LP? Sorry for the dumb question. I have no idea if standards change slightly through the years.

Last edited:

El Gringo

My 2003 didn't come with a pickguard or holes for one. Do I need a specific pickguard or any gibson LP pickguard will fit on my LP? Sorry for the dumb question. I have no idea if standards change slightly through the years.
www2.gibson.com/gibson.aspx is where I would get one direct from Gibson themselves and you should be good to go and yes you will have to drill for it .

sonar

If you get a chance take a pic for comparison.

That era LP had the "cream" colored plastic with a pink hue.

Digieditny

If you get a chance take a pic for comparison.

That era LP had the "cream" colored plastic with a pink hue.

So I took a quick picture with the pickguard just placed on the LP. Not screwed in yet. I'm waiting for the bracket to arrive. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet but I think it looks great with the pickguard.

20190308_095045.jpg