• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Amp Build with Clip: JCM800 Atomica/Jose Mod

FourT6and2

I recently finished this build. "Atomica" style Jose mod. But maybe a little more aggressive/modern.
I have a 6-position rotary for different clipping options on the back. Though I find myself using 2N5401s most of the time.

amprig_by_haftelm_dctn3tv-fullview.jpg

amprig2_by_haftelm_dctn3ta-fullview.jpg

img_8080_recovered_by_haftelm_dcshukc-fullview.jpg

img_8082_recovered_by_haftelm_dcshunj-fullview.jpg

thejaf

Sounds great! Very impressive clean build, and I really like the intermixing of different components. What made you decide to use the high voltage cap on V1B cathode? I have a bunch of those from long ago, and never saw anyone else use them in a build.

FourT6and2

Sounds great! Very impressive clean build, and I really like the intermixing of different components. What made you decide to use the high voltage cap on V1B cathode? I have a bunch of those from long ago, and never saw anyone else use them in a build.

The gold Siemens cap? I've got a few of those around, along with other various 0.68uF film/foil caps. They make good alternatives to mustards since they're impossible to find now. I'll try an ERO 1813 in the next build.