• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Prehistoric ???

klm

Hi all,

I am looking at a Gibson Les Paul Prehistoric 1987. I have read a lot about it but dont know if it will be a catch. I can see on the forum that some says the models from 88 should becheaper then 86 and back but cannot find anything about 87.

It seems that the case should be brown with purple insidebut the one I am looking at is black, seems strange.

Can I please get your opinion. The total cost onauction will be approx. USD4200.

https://www.lauritz.com/da/auktion/gibson-les-paul-prehistoric-el-guitar-med-59-hals-us-19/i5164738/#

Thanks

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

That's a lot of dough, IMO a chunk above market value?? But, I'm not an expert on the market for those guitars.

Personally, that's the kind of guitar I'd buy sight unseen if it was a smokin' deal or there was a return policy thus I could let it go fairly quickly if I didn't dig it.

klm

Thanks man, I think I will let it go, can see it is the second time is on even though it was sold.