• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Advanced Plating, Nashville

Rev.WillieVK

I know that Advanced Plating in Nashville had a fire last August - does anybody know if they are still going strong, whether the fire was major or minor?

They are a fantastic plating shop and do a lot of OEM work for Gibson and other guitar builders - highly recommended!

marshall1987

Advanced Plating re-plated the gold tailpiece on my 2008 Historic Flying V. The factory gold plating job on the V tailpiece was horrendous so I sent it to AP for a 24 kt. gold re-plating. AP did a very professional job, turn around time was very good, and the cost was reasonable.

I believe their main line of business is chrome plating muscle car hardware and parts. The guitar work is secondary to the auto business.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
According to this article from yesterday, "Governor Bill Haslam and Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bob Rolfe announced that Advanced Plating, Inc. will expand its operations into Portland. The Middle Tennessee operations is currently located in Nashville. The new facility in Portland will create 200 jobs and invest approximately $4 million in Sumner County. Advanced Plating will move its operations into a 115,000-square-foot facility in Portland to keep up with growing demand."

Apropos of nothing, I made my first visit ever to Nashville last month -- what a great town! (Though I think Boston's drivers roll their eyes over how bonkers Nashville's freeway drivers are.)

Rev.WillieVK

Thank you Ed!!! :dude: :salude

Glad to know that they survived and that they are only moving ~40 miles away!

:jim

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I make my own parts so the fire has not been an issue for me. But I know the fire put the squeeze on many pickup makers with some having to shut down taking new orders until they can get parts replenished from Advanced Plating. With so many pickup makers buying from the same bucket of parts the fire impacted quite a few businesses I'm sure. I'm glad I paid for my own tooling LONG ago.