• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Clapton's Cream 335

Melodyman

OK. So, after the first round of fact checking, heres the results..

http://blog.discmakers.com/2016/11/eric-clapton-gibson-335-guitar/

As he sits today at her house, JD says this is the way it did indeed go down. It remains to be seen if it was the same 335, as it seems there were multiple red Gibsons in the mix over the years. . Jerry has acknowleged that he did indeed sell EC a Red Gibson semi hollow bodied 1964 in 68 as per the article HE referenced for us about it. More to follow, but take it as written for now. .. Isnt it amazing after all these years we still care?

Last edited:

That story sounds 100% credible to me. I cannot for a second imagine a young guitar player forgetting or getting confused over selling a guitar to Eric Clapton in 1968. i also like the title, 'Albert Hall 335' for the guitar that was sold at auction. Calling it the 'Cream guitar' is historically misleading.