• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My version of a Les Paul Junior

MartinTaylor

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of a Junior that I have just completed. Mahogany body and neck, Australian Red Cedar drop top, Rosewood fretboard, Ebony pickguard, headstock, truss rod cover and cavity cover, Nitro finish. Mick Brierley P90 pickup is awesome. Also used a Luxe Grey Tiger wax capacitor. I am so happy with this build.

38193478_10218198152531230_8179357914893385728_o.jpg

38267308_10218198152731235_1102835644700295168_o.jpg

38204132_10218198152811237_4537394882481750016_o.jpg

38120575_10218198154011267_5346854359302930432_o.jpg

GotTheSilver

Beautiful guitar! Great build! I am currently building a Les Paul Special double cut. It is only the second guitar I have ever built.

renderit

You are skilled! Nice wood choices. Stunning looking axe. Stick some VIPots in it and you have a winner!

Zentar

Love the ergonomic aerodynamic shape. The pickguard is a work of art by itself.

Zentar

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of a Junior that I have just completed. Mahogany body and neck, Australian Red Cedar drop top, Rosewood fretboard, Ebony pickguard, headstock, truss rod cover and cavity cover, Nitro finish. Mick Brierley P90 pickup is awesome. Also used a Luxe Grey Tiger wax capacitor. I am so happy with it

I have never seen a more artistic Jr in my life. I own a Jr that I thought was pretty but the one you made is eye opening.
I am also impressed at how you did not stray from the minimalist design of the Jr yet you ended up with a stunning example. It isn't easy to keep to a basic design. People tend to go overboard but you stayed on the rails and achieved a disciplined but flashy outcome.

Who are you and where do you reside? How did you come upon the Red Cedar? Was the Ebony difficult to work with on the thin pickguard?

Obviously this isn't your 1st build. Hows about a little more info?

MartinTaylor

I have never seen a more artistic Jr in my life. I own a Jr that I thought was pretty but the one you made is eye opening.
I am also impressed at how you did not stray from the minimalist design of the Jr yet you ended up with a stunning example. It isn't easy to keep to a basic design. People tend to go overboard but you stayed on the rails and achieved a disciplined but flashy outcome.

Who are you and where do you reside? How did you come upon the Red Cedar? Was the Ebony difficult to work with on the thin pickguard?

Obviously this isn't your 1st build. Hows about a little more info?

Thanks for all the nice comments. I have been building mainly acoustic guitars and instruments but have recently ventured into the solid bodies. I've made a tele, strat and now this junior. I like to go back to the early versions of these iconic guitars and then find great timbers to use. I am Australian and live on the Central Coast (just north of Sydney). The Red Cedar was literally from a slab found in a paddock about 4 hours north of where I live. The Ebony was a dream to work with, super fine grained and in the right light you can see amazing patterns in the grain. Oh, I've completed 40 instruments ranging from ukes to acoustic basses and pretty much everything in between, even a violin! I own and run a guitar making school and if you ever make it across the big ocean feel free to come and visit.

RocknRollShakeUp

Thanks for all the nice comments. I have been building mainly acoustic guitars and instruments but have recently ventured into the solid bodies. I've made a tele, strat and now this junior. I like to go back to the early versions of these iconic guitars and then find great timbers to use. I am Australian and live on the Central Coast (just north of Sydney). The Red Cedar was literally from a slab found in a paddock about 4 hours north of where I live. The Ebony was a dream to work with, super fine grained and in the right light you can see amazing patterns in the grain. Oh, I've completed 40 instruments ranging from ukes to acoustic basses and pretty much everything in between, even a violin! I own and run a guitar making school and if you ever make it across the big ocean feel free to come and visit.

Super cool! Do you have a website?