• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Scratched my brand new LP Tribute (2017) FHB - Remedies?

mdubya

Stop the "analysis." Turn it over the right way 'round and play it.

:hank

grimlyflick

My MacBook slipped off the bed whilst learning a few tunes. . . . . .

DF88F8FC-AFCE-4544-8693-4EF2D41681CB_zpsgrisiqkk.jpeg

. . . . . oh well.

As has been stated before, stop worrying and play it, that finish will be dinged up in no time, unless of course you spend more time looking at it rather than playing it.
:salude

El Gringo

Put it in a glass case. Wear a medical biohazard suit/ headgear/face shield/boot wraps and gloves. DON'T TOUCH IT!!! Just look.

or, .....

Just play it. Every guitar that shows wear was new once.
Can I get into the glass case as long as it's big enough to fit me with my Marshall and Les Paul and play it without getting any nicks dings and scratches as well ?

Axis39

Yea tights. You know? That part of your leg between your hip and your knee. That's your tights.

Those are you thighs, not tights....

Tights are like this:

dsc_7645.jpg

Link

However, to be less of a smart a$$, if you are really bothered by those scratches, you can try steaming them out. I've done this a few times on guitars, and more times than I care to remember on furniture (I'm a carpenter by day). Rubbing compound, or similar abrasives will take off the finish around the scratches... You will have to scratch away a good bit of the finish before you reach the bottom of the scratches. Steaming will make the wood in the indentation swell up. But, be careful, too much heat and moisture will nto be good for the nitrocellulose finish.

Although, I am kinda with the rest fo the folks... I wouldn't personally be worried about it.

Zentar

Try "Semichrome Polish". It won't hide cracks or chips but it will erase scratches

grimlyflick

I wouldn’t use any kind of rubbing compound on that finish. The faded series have a thin layer of paint compared to the usual finish of a standard or traditional, which you could potentially rub through, and I’m guessing a bald spot will bug you a lot more than a scratch.

Unfortunately those faded finishes wear a lot faster which is great if you want your guitar to look like a player, not so good if you want to keep it pristine.